Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My new Lee from a gentleman lounger :)
3cae0d49.jpg

c76767ac.jpg

I REALLY like the wider pinch in front. It squares off the crown nicely. Enjoy the hat!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Rodkins, that is great! I am really starting to like these Lees. I have a backbow Lee in almost a black cherry color, but the bow looks different: it doesn't have the X stitching, and I think it's a little off-centered, not to mention 2 sizes too big for me or I'd be wearing it all the time!

jwalls

Vendor
006.JPG

007.JPG

005.JPG

Old sahara body from stock only marked fur felt 6" 51 block, 2-3/4" brim, dark brown ribbon and binding, crease to 5-1/2" open dress.

DRB

One Too Many
Mike, who did the renovation of the ribbon? Any idea?

John: the contrasting colors is a real eye catcher. Great combination.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
005.JPG

Old sahara body from stock only marked fur felt 6" 51 block, 2-3/4" brim, dark brown ribbon and binding, crease to 5-1/2" open dress.

FANTASTIC, jwalls!! I LOVE the 6 inch open crown. The ribbon work and flange is just perfect. A beautiful hat. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

jwalls

Vendor
Thanks, everyone. Joshbru3: I love the tall crowns I get with the 6" 51 block. it give the hat a real 30's look that is hard to find.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, everyone. Joshbru3: I love the tall crowns I get with the 6" 51 block. it give the hat a real 30's look that is hard to find.

I love those tall crowns as well! I have a hard time finding them on any hats except for authentic 20's & 30's hats. I have converted a couple of westerns in order to get that real tall and straight crown. I've always thought that all hats should start out at 6 inches open crown. A crown can always be lowered, but its nearly impossible to raise one. (you can re-block of course, but in order to raise a crown, usually brim width needs to be sacrificed) Starting at 6 inches gives the owner a perfect canvas to put any crease he/she wants.

Again, great job!!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Here is the most unusual vintage Stetson panama hat I’ve ever come across. It has the elements of a fedora, an optimo, and a porkie. I like the black faille ribbon with its one horizontal white pinstripe. It’s lined all around with netting (a detail more common to straw boaters); the lining inside the crown’s top is silk, and the Stetson logo is embroidered on it in silk thread.

From the 1930s? Earlier? Maybe Loungers can place a date on this lid. (There's no paper Stetson size label.) I’ve never heard of the Philadelphia hat store that sold it. Labeled size is 7 1/8, but the hat fits like a snug 7 1/4.

Ended auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190621173178

Pan4.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4585.jpg

Pan3.jpg

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4564.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

Pan2.jpg

IMG_4561.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

Last edited: