Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
That is a spectacular lid, Alan! Simply exquisite, and the seller even used color coordinated packing materials. Congratulations once again.

Thanks very much... it feels great on too. Will have to work out some clothes to wear with that green pug though!

knox_milan6.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
;)
I failed just recently. Sudden winds and wind tunnels between buildings are the bane of my Moorelite's existence. It very recently took a trip down the street and gathered some black dusty dirt. Most of it rubbed out, but some parts under the brim and one on the top of the crown (all thankfully out of view when the hat is being worn) require skills greater than mine. Luckily, I am in relatively close proximity to the very creator of the hat, so I'm not at all worried. Even still, I hope you will prove to be more fortunate than I in this matter :).
That's what we call character, anyway!
You're making me nervous about the bone colored hat I ordered from Falcon Park...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I failed just recently. Sudden winds and wind tunnels between buildings are the bane of my Moorelite's existence. It very recently took a trip down the street and gathered some black dusty dirt.

Oh dear, yes I can see this could be a problem. On days I know it will be windy I tend to wear my Campdraft. This is the only one of my hats with a wind cord and it saved the hat from a trip down the canal twice last weekend :D

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yeah, but that's the thing about wind tunnels: ya never see 'em coming lol.
Ah well, if the price I pay to wear that hat is occasionally paying for it to be clean, I'll pay that price. Ain't no different from dry cleaning, IMO.

At any rate, today marks a third entire month wherein I have not purchased a hat or related paraphenalia :(.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, but that's the thing about wind tunnels: ya never see 'em coming lol.
Ah well, if the price I pay to wear that hat is occasionally paying for it to be clean, I'll pay that price. Ain't no different from dry cleaning, IMO.

At any rate, today marks a third entire month wherein I have not purchased a hat or related paraphenalia :(.

Dirt stains rub off easily if you use a hat sponge (the orange ones).
Cheers for your trimester being "sober" lol on April 17th I'll be 3 months, too.

Mid century Brooks Brothers

Very nicely made English hat in a style that could be 30 years earlier than its 1950's vintage.

BB_homburg1.jpg

BB_homburg3.jpg

lovely copper toned foiled stampings on the sweatband

BB_homburg4.jpg

BB_homburg5.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Mallory Cravenette Straw Hat

I got this one today. Mallory Cravenette Straw hat with the leather sweatband still nice and soft. Seller dates it to the 1940s.
Can anyone confirm the age of this hat?
DSC03334.jpg

DSC03333.jpg

DSC03332.jpg

DSC03335.jpg

DSC03336.jpg

DSC03323.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Very nicely made English hat in a style that could be 30 years earlier than its 1950's vintage.

BB_homburg1.jpg

Nice one, Alan, I like the 'twist bow', ala Knox, but different.

I got this one today. Mallory Cravenette Straw hat with the leather sweatband still nice and soft. Seller dates it to the 1940s.
Can anyone confirm the age of this hat?

DSC03332.jpg

A very fine Panama, Johnny, congrats! Difficult to be precise with dating without a photo of the Mallory logo in the crown, but I would estimate the hat to be of '40s to '50s vintage based upon stylistic details, and the unique cloth size tag from the seller's listing photos.

Take a look through the Mallory Mile thread, if you have not already done so, and you should also add this lid to the thread for archival reference.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe