Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chinaski

One Too Many
And summing up the day, Lefty, congrats on the new lid, and we're waiting patiently for more pictures. Speaking of patience, someone else was going to finish some cornflakes and then post more details...

Who (or maybe more appropriately, what) is the original demographic for rlk's purple lid?

DRB

One Too Many
Well I am always on the lookout for a good deal... At lunch yesterday I stopped into a resale shop that sometimes has hats.

To my surprise I found an 8x Beaver Brand Mink/Brown Fedora :)

It was made in 2006 and appears very lightly worn almost new.

So I bought it and went directly over to Cavenders Boots and western wear to have it Steam formed and brushed! Luckily being a Texan here in Austin we still have a hat culture and there was no charge or wait (Although I do tip well :))

Very Happy with it as quality appears excellent! 2 1/8th ish brim is enough to set it apart from stingy but not as big as my Indy's

MA

BeaverBrand8xMinkFedoraFront.jpg

BeaverBrandLogo.jpg

BBProfile.jpg

Is that a Cavanagh edge on your hat?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's funny, Neo! You are currently very, very far away from a state of nirvana. You have not snuffed out your desire. By the way, I'm feeling queasy myself!

My desire is not for more hats, but rather for more variety in my rotation. Purchasing additional hats is just a necessary means to that end ;).

Lefty, The Stetson Playboy is fantastic! I am looking forward to seeing your handy work with the sweatband.

Jimmy, Beautiful Vita-felt! Also looking forward to your handy work!

Alex, The Adam looks great! Congrats!

Rodkins, Super VS! Fancy bow work!

Robert, The old Dobbs looks great! Beautiful black felt!

Steve that is going in my top 20, looks like I have to clean out some room in that top 20 directory for this hat! The ribbon is the icing on the cake.

Thanks! I really like gun metal gray Velour on this one. It has elements of JHS Crystall Velour (thick and shiny) with a GDR twist. :)

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of patience, someone else was going to finish some cornflakes and then post more details...

Ah, yes. Well, just finished creasing. In the meantime, however, I found this sticker on the back of the sweat. Curious -- I've never seen it on any other vintage Stetson...

got_milk1.jpg

:D

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm glad to see that the cows have come home. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
j0002.jpg

Now to get that Vita-Felt thread back up and running. :car:

fmw

One Too Many
Excellent DJH. I've been awaiting my first custom for several weeks. Maybe it will show up soon.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Lloyd and fmw.

I'm really liking the styling of the hat. The crown is a little higher than I'm used to, but it took all of about 2 minutes to feel really comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe