Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
bantamweight |ˈbantəmˌwāt|
noun
a weight in boxing and other sports intermediate between flyweight and featherweight. In boxing it ranges from 112 to 118 pounds (51 to 54 kg).

Probably shortened from this rather than the chicken. It's also an anagram for Batman, but I don't think that was it either.

I do have a Stetson bantam - probably the same one you posted the other day. It's a very nice firm, thin felt unlined hat. I'll have to give mine a wear soon on one of those warmer winter days.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A Stetsonian in a pleasing gray, size seven. Soft felt with a gray ribbon. It has some interesting double stitching on the top on the brim binding. One row on the binding and one row of stitching about 1/8 up into the brim (because the binding is wider underneath the brim than it is on top).

5391115824_1c0b19476a.jpg

Very nice, MV. Looks like its in great shape.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
looks good... I orders a brown panama - certainly 8 dollars worth I would say, though shipping was a little much from IN. 8^)

I have a Cabalero creased white Cuenca sale hat on it's way as well. Yeah, his shipping is high when compared to the cost of these hats, but works out better when I order a Montecristi from Bob :) Here's mine, it's one of Bob's pics:

Caballero1.jpg

Panamas are my fave hats and I like when it warms up and I can wear 'em :)

Onward thru the Fog:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Carroll John Derby

I came by this Carroll John Derby through the goodness of Robert (rlk) sending me the link to this auction. I've been wanting to get one for a long time. It dates 1936 - 1940.

More in The Cavanagh Club thread

CarrollJohn.jpg

CarrollJohn2.jpg

Brad

Alex

Practically Family
I have a Cabalero creased white Cuenca sale hat on it's way as well. Yeah, his shipping is high when compared to the cost of these hats, but works out better when I order a Montecristi from Bob :) Here's mine, it's one of Bob's pics:

Caballero1.jpg

Panamas are my fave hats and I like when it warms up and I can wear 'em :)

Onward thru the Fog:

Very nice!

Chinaski

One Too Many
Its an unused hat. Other than being stored in a stack apparently(all these Bulgarian Zlateff hats have that slight inward dent at the center of the sides at the base of the crown-visible in the sweatband dimples).

5390465849_ec8664619e_b.jpg

Just catching up with the thread. The sweat looked to be in great shape but I wondered if it might be dry or brittle. That can happen in an unused NOS hat, can't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe