Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Midwest Boater

One of the Regulars
Knox Fifteen
amuo0h.jpg

21k9zpz.jpg

just arrived more on Knox thread

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks, DRB. Women's hats are easy. Most of them have been found at estate/garage sales or antique shops. I don't think she's got one over $20, and most have probably been closer to $5. For every one hat I spot at a shop or sale, we've passed at least 40 women's hats.

The tough thing about women's hats is size: few are sized (they're sized in inches circumference). On the plus side, none that I've seen have leather sweats, allowing for some "give". With the possibility of wearing them at so many different angles and that bit of wiggle room, soft hats can fit many heads.

your wife looks great! I've only gotten my wife in 1 hat and she absolutely hated it... oh well. maybe wife #2 :D

Thanks for the kind words DRB. I would love to have all my vintage hats in a teardrop configuration however I have absolutely no confidence that I could do this without damaging the hats. I have zero experience with bashing. I know that this Mallory would look 100% better in that crease. I guess I am going to have to send them out for reblocking and creasing.

it's easier than you could imagine, just be careful not to steam the leather sweatband, I've heard of people having problems with them shrinking / crinkling. heck I might just mist it with water and crease it that way!

5212336076_f8068aefb4_b.jpg

Ebay'd from a F'Lounger. A little less red than photos.
Didn't see it in the Mallory Mile so off it goes...http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...MALLORY-MILE&p=1124964&viewfull=1#post1124964

nice!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Photo coming soon, but today, I bought my second fur-felt hat. Brown rabbit fur-felt trilby. 56cm circumfrence.

EDIT: Photos...

Up on the ugly noggin:
hatnew1.jpg

Place of manufacture:
hatnew2.jpg

Brand:
hatnew3.jpg

Etc:
hatnew4.jpg

Last edited:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Photo coming soon, but today, I bought my second fur-felt hat. Brown rabbit fur-felt trilby. 56cm circumfrence.

EDIT: Photos...

Up on the ugly noggin:
hatnew1.jpg

That's an excellent one. I like the dimensions, color and shaping. Nice touch with the vest, also. I've been thinking about getting some of those myself, as they seem to go well with hats.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Dan. I own a few vests. I'm currently waiting for one to return from the dry-cleaner's. I think trousers, shirt, waistcoat & hat is a wonderful combination that goes well in summertime.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
First day back to work from the cruise and I couldn't wait to wear my replacement Adam Marston (7 3/8) in Bluemetal
45b15ebb.jpg

Ooops. I meant to post it in the "What hat are you wearing today" thread. Oh well - it is my new hat.

Last edited:

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That seems to be confirmation of what JtL wrote about 3x and Imperial being the same quality level.

I'd wear it.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got got this number from Thunder, another Disney Twenty. It's in ok shape, the felt is great, but filthy. I gave it a quick steam/brushing, but it looks like it's gonna need to be cleaned. Love the specs, but I have to say, my other Twenty is in pristine shape and much older. I just wish it were a 7 instead of a 7/8. this is why I got this 7. Thanks thunder.

DSC05415.jpg

DSC05416.jpg

DSC05417.jpg

DSC05418.jpg

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
Just picked up this Dobbs 20 from ebay. It is in superb condition and a nice addition to my small collection. Thanks to the Lounger who advised me on this one. I have no idea of the vintage. Can any of you give me an idea from the liner when the hat might have been made? Will post a head shot when I am in something other than my pajamas.

A19137E4800B411FB60F02033F83C340.jpg
[/IMG]

0A47D433826B470C9F87C19F4C30465D.jpg
[/IMG]

0145C5596F2A428E864432F0CCF246ED.jpg
[/IMG]

CB9D366730CC4B1396D58DC621A30995.jpg

BE31E9442A83407F89ED0A882F94B246.jpg
[/IMG]

BBC8C55C5D874675973CD95A18F6F007.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics