Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Yeh- shame they're so thick- takes away the Fedora-ness, somewhat.

Trimming the brim loses the tricky compound curve dynamic tension thing-
so the front doesn't want to snap down and it doesn't have the dome-ness to it.
I'm a fan of the bow style- bit rough but I like it.

But I quite like it- finding an orig in that colour and shape is tough.

This will be my mountaineering Fedora- big brim no good.
Not a big fan of the broad brims- I like a tall crown and a moderate brim.
I like the proportions of this style, particularly in vintage English and European lids.
The brim doesn't look narrow on me. I think when we look at a tapered, low crowned hat,
with narrow brim, the narrowness of that brim is exaggerated.

This will do me for a bit- until I try a Green melange Christy's/Hornets Adventurer.

B
T

GWD

One Too Many
Forest Green Knox

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I have two Knox felts and one Knox Panama, and I have to say, they are outstanding hats! The quality of the felt is amazing and the sweatbands are great quality too.

web.jpg

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
My new Christys' fedora

At long last I have got myself a fedora.:D This is my first ever hat and it wil take a little getting used to. My wife says I really suit a fedora.I put on my double breasted Canali coat the same colour as the lid (Navy) to see how it looked.I shall post a pic under my name 'til I work out how to post more pictures.I have just opened the box 5 minutes ago and couldn't wait to tell you guys about it.:D It's great for £50/$100. It's the first one at the top of the list of furfelt hats on the Hornets hats site. I'd buy from them again for shure.
christysfedora.jpg

anon`

One Too Many
What the heck, I'll post it here, too. Rescued from a stall at the Portland antique show last weekend. It's a Dobbs Rainbow in a, well, brown colour. The ribbon isn't grosgrain (at least, not the traditional ribbed sort) and is a smashing colour that looks like salmon pink mixed with a bit of orange. With a neat double row of stitching all around the brim!

DSCN1356.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I think there are only a few of those Rainbows on the Lounge.
Nice find, and I like the briefcase as well. Custom hide?

anon`

One Too Many
Thanks! I saw it, didn't stop and made a stop by the booth later. It all just... worked out. The guy didn't even have it priced, and let it go for $20.

Briefcase came from the same show. No idea who made it, but it's definitely seen some use.

waffle

One of the Regulars
my new hat

Can anyone help me date it?

it's a shame it doesn't fit me, i might be looking into selling it, so let me know if you're interested..

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2188.jpg

waffle

One of the Regulars
i have decided that i should sell it.. it's a great looking hat, and really sad that it doesnt fit.. but it's gotta go.

whats the proper way of going about this here?

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
waffle said:
i have decided that i should sell it.. it's a great looking hat, and really sad that it doesnt fit.. but it's gotta go.

whats the proper way of going about this here?

You can start a thread for this hat in the classifieds section of the Lounge. Include the pictures here and your preferred price.

charlie farley

One of the Regulars
Here's hoping these pics are better this time.I just got this Christy's fedora yesterday and as my first hat I love it but I'm not sure if the brim is too wide.It's 2 ¾ ins. brim size.
what do you think folks? The delivery was quick for up here in the Scottish highlands as it usually takes a bit longer to get here.
chasfedora005.jpg

chasfedora004.jpg

chasfedora003.jpg

chasfedora002.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe