Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sproily

Practically Family
Here's my 7£ Dunn & Co Homburg from ebay

img4298w.jpg

More pictures and me wearing it when I get around to it. And deciding what I'll be wearing it with..

White tie? I guess it'd be a top hat for that matter..

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another Strat arrived at our house today, or more aptly, it arrived at my parents' house. I had it sent there because I thought it might come while we were cruising.

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

scaber

New in Town
Ken Burn's Americas National Parks

Hello all. I have been watching the new Ken Burns series, "The National Parks: America's Best Idea." They have been showing a lot of the early parks with pictures of the likes of Teddy Roosevelt, John Murr and many early park rangers. I am adoring all the vintage hats! Every picture I think to myself, look at that hat! Something is wrong with me.

billysmom

One Too Many
BobC said:
Another Strat arrived at our house today, or more aptly, it arrived at my parents' house. I had it sent there because I thought it might come while we were cruising.

BobC -

Another superb lid! You seem to have an abudance thing going on with your hat energy. Enjoy!

Sue

cptjeff

Practically Family
scaber said:
Hello all. I have been watching the new Ken Burns series, "The National Parks: America's Best Idea." They have been showing a lot of the early parks with pictures of the likes of Teddy Roosevelt, John Murr and many early park rangers. I am adoring all the vintage hats! Every picture I think to myself, look at that hat! Something is wrong with me.
There's a thread for the series in the movie forum. This thread is for people to post pictures of new hats.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
cptjeff said:
There's a thread for the series in the movie forum. This thread is for people to post pictures of new hats.

Have some sympathy there jeff. Our fellow lounger is unburdening himself of his hat pathology. Besides, he was focussed on the hats in the tv series. Where else is he gonna talk about that?

Now...how about some pics of those old lids?

cptjeff

Practically Family
Ephraim Tutt said:
Have some sympathy there jeff. Our fellow lounger is unburdening himself of his hat pathology. Besides, he was focussed on the hats in the tv series. Where else is he gonna talk about that?

Now...how about some pics of those old lids?
I didn't mean to sound rude. Sorry if it came across that way. I watched it last night and ways paying attention to the hats too.

But it really should be in a different thread so it's easier to follow the discussion.

It's a lot of your standard western fare. Long brims, lots of unbashed crowns, a few center creases. Similar to the steamboat arabia stuff. Cool outfits too. It's fun to see tourist photos of guys in the wilderness in full suits and women in huge dresses.

BobC

billysmom said:
BobC -

Another superb lid! You seem to have an abudance thing going on with your hat energy. Enjoy!

Sue

Thanks, Sue. There does seem to be an abundance of late. I really should try to contain my desire, but those Strats and Whippets wear so well. [huh]

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
BobC said:
Thanks, Sue. There does seem to be an abundance of late. I really should try to contain my desire, but those Strats and Whippets wear so well. [huh]

I wanna Strat and a Whippet too. But the Strat & Whippet Grinch is hoarding 'em.

But one day....when he least suspects it....he'll take his many eyes off that 7 1/4 grey number. Then BAM! It's MINE!

All MINE!!

BobC

Ephraim Tutt said:
I wanna Strat and a Whippet too. But the Strat & Whippet Grinch is hoarding 'em.

But one day....when he least suspects it....he'll take his many eyes off that 7 1/4 grey number. Then BAM! It's MINE!

All MINE!!
:eek: lol lol lol Many eyes see many things, Mr. Tutt.:D

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
:eek: lol lol lol Many eyes see many things, Mr. Tutt.:D

Eventually Bob will be engorged on Whippets, and will have to satisfy his appetites elsewhere.

He must have some canine in him - can't eat chocolate Whippets.

Mr. Paladin

BobC said:

Thats a great "welcome home"! You have a great collection of fine hats in the making, almost daily. :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Twenty

This is my newly arrived Dobb Twenty, the one I bought from rlk (thanks again!). This time, the customs charged me another $10... :mad: It just had to happen, sooner or later.

Ah, never mind that. The hat is really beautiful, with a taupish color and nice proportions. The only downside: there is a small dark smudge at the top-front of the crown, it has a few moth nibbles on the underside of the brim and the sweat is almost dead, but at the moment I'm not willing to put in one of those ugly new black ones you get these days.

For now, I went with a deep center dent again to bring out that lovely reverse taper.

Size 6 7/8
Brim 2 1/2
Crown 4 3/4 (creased)
Ribbon 1 7/8

Dobbs_Twenty_Taupe.jpg

Is anyone willing and able to date this one?

billysmom

One Too Many
Mario said:
This is my newly arrived Dobb Twenty, the one I bought from RLK (thanks again!). This time, the customs charged me $10... :mad:

Is anyone willing and able to date this one?

I'm useless at dating, but congratulations! We both benefitted from rlk's unfortunate experience. Thank you, rlk. That's a wonderful lid!

Sue

CRH

Call Me a Cab
gtdean48 said:
I know Bob is in the Secret Hat Society from Monteagle meeting & we have the Fedora Bureau of Investigation & Crease Police, but his new Strat looks to be from the Noggin Security Agency!!!! :eek:

lol :eusa_clap :eusa_clap lol

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
This Stetson 5X Gus just arrived today. I picked it up on the Bay and I'll be converting it tonight after work or tomorrow. I'll post the results in the Conversion Corral. Meanwhile, this is what it looked like out of the box.

3965996277_0da9d2ab19.jpg

3966774700_139391fd5c.jpg

3965996697_f464fd6219.jpg

3966775014_b5226a2c7b.jpg

He rode a blazing saddle!!!
3965995845_105ed4d35f.jpg

hat size...

BobC said:

BobC, if I remember correctly, we're pretty close to being the same hat size, if you ever have a strat, campdraft, or Fed4 that needs a new home, let me know...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:eusa_doh:

Dreispitz

One Too Many
Roninjedi said:
This Stetson 5X Gus just arrived today. I picked it up on the Bay and I'll be converting it tonight after work or tomorrow. I'll post the results in the Conversion Corral. Meanwhile, this is what it looked like out of the box.

3965996277_0da9d2ab19.jpg

3966774700_139391fd5c.jpg

3965996697_f464fd6219.jpg

3966775014_b5226a2c7b.jpg

He rode a blazing saddle!!!
3965995845_105ed4d35f.jpg
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I am courious about the outcome! Looks like some nice felt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe