Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
redhawks2 said:
glenburnie006.jpg

Great job on that ribbon! Very nice hat!

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the compliments Gents! I had fun doing the bow, well, not actually fun because it was a challenge. There is definitely an art (or craft) to this. Forgot to mention that the seller's Ebay ID is PETITOUR that sells the antique grosgrain ribbon. It is much easier to work with than the modern stuff should you want to try some ribbon work of your own. He generally sells it in 5 yard lots, which is enough to do 5 bands and bows.
Cheers!

Herzen

One of the Regulars
Brand new...

Gary White creation. Just picked it up today. I so enjoy visiting with that man!

Dark brown with a 2 7/8 brim. I wanted a lighter, contrasting ribbon, and Mr. White pulled out this beautiful vintage chain-stitch that I loved.

And did I mention that it fits like a dream?

babs

A-List Customer
Man.. Gorgeous hat.. That ribbon makes that hat. Sharp as a tack!

You walked right on into the shop. Man I'm realizing how nice you guys have it with a hatter or at least just a shop somewhere near you. Man that's a luxury. Support 'em all you can and keep 'em around for sure. :)

cptjeff

Practically Family
I'm finally getting around to posting this. Royal Stetson I picked up off e-bay, came with a nice center crease, which I tried but wasn't for me. It's darker then in the pictures, in fact it was listed as black. It's not, but I saw another stetson that looked similar listed as gunmetal, so I'm going with that. Size 7 LO, came with a bow and size tag in the back, but I was trying to be very careful removing the tag, and decided to take out the stitches holding it in. I didn't notice that those held in the bow too, but it's not a big deal for me.

royalStetson001.jpg

royalStetson002.jpg

royalStetson003.jpg

Other then a one moth bite in the feather, the hat is in pristine condition. No box though.

billysmom

One Too Many
Herzen said:
Gary White creation. Just picked it up today. I so enjoy visiting with that man!

Dark brown with a 2 7/8 brim. I wanted a lighter, contrasting ribbon, and Mr. White pulled out this beautiful vintage chain-stitch that I loved.

That's just plain luscious! congrats!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Stoney

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
I haven't got time for photos, have 30th jr. college reunion today & 22nd anniversary tomorrow. Just wanted to say this is a unique color, needs a good cleaning but all in all a very nice lid. I feel I got a VERY good deal! It is some very soft felt & has OPS tag as well as some other stickers behind the sweatband that I'll get shots of later & post in Borso Brotherhood thread. If fits just a touch snug like most vintage hats do, on the vintage stretcher for slight adjustment...
borsoaless2.jpg

borsoaless3.jpg

Very nice! I have one exactly like yours.. enjoy.

Mine is a little sung as well, but fits OK. I wouldn't recommend stretching it if you don't have to.
The stitching in those sweatbands is done with pretty fine thread and rips easily.

;)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
billysmom said:
That's just plain luscious! congrats!

Sue

I felt conflicted over giving a +1 to luscious, but what the heck.

+1.

With an Art and a Gary White within a week or so, you're doing quite well.

Herzen

One of the Regulars
Lefty said:
I felt conflicted over giving a +1 to luscious, but what the heck.

+1.

With an Art and a Gary White within a week or so, you're doing quite well.
Tell me about it. I actually wasn't expecting this one for at least another three to four weeks. A pleasant surprise!:D

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Herzen said:
Tell me about it. I actually wasn't expecting this one for at least another three to four weeks. A pleasant surprise!:D

It's a real beauty - nice to see such a fancy ribbon treatment that works.

The Mick

New in Town
Herzen said:

And did I mention that it fits like a dream?
I love that the ribbon changes the whole brown look into something more stylish.

Stoney said:
Very nice! I have one exactly like yours.. enjoy.

Mine is a little sung as well, but fits OK. I wouldn't recommend stretching it if you don't have to.
The stitching in those sweatbands is done with pretty fine thread and rips easily.

;)
Thanks Stoney but already litely stretched overnight & now fits like a glove. No ill effects to stitching. Thanks for the concerns & warnings.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great new hats over the weekend! Herzen's Gary White and Dee's optimo crowned panama are real standouts!

Warbird, looks like you've got a great selection of nice hats to choose from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe