Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kreissaege said:
:D Sorry, couldnt resist the quote;)
2982009010.jpg

For more, see here: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=34439&page=34

Like I said before, "I'll eat crow"! Based on the shrinkage that occurred with my FedIV and my Camp Draft, I would never have thought that could work. Congratulations on a fine looking hat.......and please pass the catsup, these crows are dry without catsup!:eek: :eek: :eek:

redhawks2

One of the Regulars
So here's my just arrived Camp Draft bluegrass green in a 58. I live in California and it took exactly 7 days from placing the order to delivery. Less than $95 bucks! Don't know if the color will show up properly on everyone's monitor but it looks right on my monitor although just a shade light. Akubra makes just a handful of lighter shade felts and I wish they would come up with some much lighter shades of all their colors, I'm a lighter shade kind of guy. Dark hats just don't do it for me. Cheers!
akubra007.jpg

Mr. Paladin

I was so excited today because I had figured my new hat from e-Bay would arrive today. And it did, it was a new, never worn Champ Texan, 2 7/8" brim; a beautiful Open Road clone advertised as being from the 40's but I think newer. Sure enough, it showed up----like this....
ChampTexan003.jpg

ChampTexan005.jpg

ChampTexan007.jpg

I know it was sent priority, but did they really have to kick it all the way from California?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Still not sure what its made of. ...[/QUOTE]

Tweed? Twilled? Fabric? Straw? Straw fabric?

Where's the 'Pedigree' label? I'm befuddled.....

What's under the sweat band? Could we have a close-up of the size tag?

CRH

Call Me a Cab
redhawks2 said:
So here's my just arrived Camp Draft bluegrass green in a 58. I live in California and it took exactly 7 days from placing the order to delivery. Less than $95 bucks! Don't know if the color will show up properly on everyone's monitor but it looks right on my monitor although just a shade light. Akubra makes just a handful of lighter shade felts and I wish they would come up with some much lighter shades of all their colors, I'm a lighter shade kind of guy. Dark hats just don't do it for me. Cheers!...

I can't tell if you dig the bluegrass green or not, rh2. Please clarify.

My monitor shows a 'lighter than it should be' shade of green also.

We'll need a noggin shot in the Campdraft thread :).

Mr. Paladin

I was about fit to be tied! I opened the box and found the once pristine Champ about 2 1/2" high. It had several deep sharp fold creases around the center of the crown and the front was crushed the worst. I was so angry I fired up the kettle because I did not think I would ever make it look right again, and I did not even think to take photos of the bloody mangled carcass (the box photos were from later). After using a rounded, stemless wine glass, steam, and my light brush for a couple of hours, I got it to look like this:
ChampTexan001.jpg

ChampTexan002.jpg

ChampTexan010.jpg

There are still a couple places where the creases are evident in sunlight, but I hope they will smooth out over time and with some more gentle steaming. This is the first time I have received a hat shipment that was so mangled. I may be scarred for life...or maybe I'll bite the next postman I see!

By the way, this was the e-Bay posting and pics. I made an offer and got it for a good deal less than the asking $99.99 price. Best of all, it fits like a dream, even though I am usually a size 7.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290343159764&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

High Pockets

Practically Family
:eusa_clap Good job Paladin, I had to do the same thing. And I was mad as heck the whole time I was doing it.
I should have taken some before and after pictures,.....my Borsalino had a crown hight of two inches when took it out of the crushed box.

Jabos

A-List Customer
BobC said:
I no longer ship UPS, not even if I were shipping an anvil.
My friend works for UPS at a high level (don't know his title) and deals with damaged items and customer problems (as well as illegal items being shipped). He will only use FedEx. [huh]

Beautiful Champ Mr. P!!!!!!!!!! I need to visit you and your collection sometime as I go down 35 to Dallas.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
High Pockets said:
:eek: Dude,....that's a chop and channel job??

That's one sweet hat Gene!!

Thanks, guys. I love this hat this way. No regrets at all. And as far as the ribbing goes, I can take as well as I can give. If no one's bustin' my chops around here I'll feel like I'm not one of the gang, y'know? :D

Mr. Paladin

Thanks for the encouragement on the "repair job", everyone. I don't use UPS for shipping either. This was the US Post Office though, and I'd never had a problem like that with them before. I'm sure the hat will heal before I do! I've got one more on the way and I'm waiting with some apprehension for it; its a NWT Champ. Should be here Monday-Tuesday.

High Pockets, I know what you mean about the photos; it would be like stopping to take pics before giving the Heimlich to someone! I didn't even think of it either.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Recently, I've had two new arrivals. The first is a Resistol 3x Cowboy hat which I bought from a fellow Lounge member. It's also going to be my first conversion project. The felt is a really nice shade of brown and it's in really good shape. My only concern is that it has a whooooole lotta crown for the fedora that I want this to be!

Like I said, this is going to be my first conversion project, & here's what I have in mind: I'm planning on stretching it (it's a 7 3/8 & a bit snug) trimming it down, replacing the ribbon (but keeping the cool Resistol pin), and rebashing it. Suggestions & advice from some of you more experienced convertors are welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe