Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
A box like that arrived at my home yesterday. In it was this beauty: A hat made to my specification by our own Esther. She kept me updated throughout the process. Choice of colour, of ribbon and design. She really couldn't have been more helpful.
If you are impressed with her work, do leave a comment. Esther has been as nervous as a kitten making this for me. She need not have worried, I couldn't be more pleased.I absolutely love it.
View attachment 46355 View attachment 46356 View attachment 46357
You GO girl! That looks GREAT. Njoy that beauty GHT.

It's possible they've moved. Nowadays going there is an epic journey, involving the bridge, driving on some poorly-paved streets, paying to park in a garage, and then a little walk. But when I do, I'll ask Mr. Sam, the family patriarch, or his wife Marcella, or Mr. Paul their older son.

The last few times, we've stayed at the Roosevelt around the corner.

EstherWeis

Vendor
You made a work of Art! Wearable, too!
Thank you!

Esther and GHT - fantastic hat! Great color and styling. Kind of looks like a cross between a Strat and a Playboy. Super job, Esther! And seeing your post in WHAYWT, GHT, you wear it with panache!

Bravo!
Thank you Mr. Fruno.
He wears it really well!

a

in't that a nice lid ?
i may contribute some time next spring to the newly started Esther Weis fedoras appreciation page as i plan on having our skilled fellowmember make me a light weight fedora for the warmer weather to come. I'll keep you posted.
Can't wait to see what we come up with together!
Wow Esther!!!
That hat is gorgeous!
Really great work and detail.
Would love to see some head shots GHT.
Esther is the real deal folks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I really appreciate you saying that.
You GO girl! That looks GREAT. Njoy that beauty GHT.
Thank you Bob!

rclark

Call Me a Cab
A box like that arrived at my home yesterday. In it was this beauty: A hat made to my specification by our own Esther. She kept me updated throughout the process. Choice of colour, of ribbon and design. She really couldn't have been more helpful.
If you are impressed with her work, do leave a comment. Esther has been as nervous as a kitten making this for me. She need not have worried, I couldn't be more pleased.I absolutely love it.
Wow! Very nice hat. What a talent!

A great hat, very nice work young lady!

After having enlarged those photos and examining them closely, I feel comfortable in saying there's only one thing wrong with that hat: It isn't mine. :D

Esther, if this is a typical example of your hat-making expertise you're sure to have a lot of happy customers. Excellent color choices, wonderful proportions, tidy and precise stitching; everything about it shows your impressive attention to detail. Impeccable!

EstherWeis

Vendor
After having enlarged those photos and examining them closely, I feel comfortable in saying there's only one thing wrong with that hat: It isn't mine. :D

Esther, if this is a typical example of your hat-making expertise you're sure to have a lot of happy customers. Excellent color choices, wonderful proportions, tidy and precise stitching; everything about it shows your impressive attention to detail. Impeccable!

Aw thank you! I try my very best!
Glad you like it.

miket5r

A-List Customer
I found this hat in my fathers wardrobe:
Colour is blue/grey
CAM01720.jpg

CAM01719.jpg

CAM01722.jpg

CAM01721.jpg

vintage68

Practically Family
Actually one of my favorite hatters, Roy at Jaxonbilt makes a fine example. I'm going to contact him and see what he suggests. I have a huge melon, plus the fact that I have a long oval head makes buying vintage impossible so I need to go custom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe