Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Great job on the crease, Moon. I'm finding quite the affectation for my Silverbelly CD. It's really scratched an itch I've had for a while now.
Dave, your lawyer/priest is treating you very well. Does it have a brand name?

javadave61

Practically Family
Does it have a brand name?

Thanks for asking, Fruno,because it gives me a chance to post pics of the inside, which I forgot to do originally.

It's a Pinzano, which I thought must be some exclusive Italian hatmaker right up there with Borsalino. But from what I can tell, it's like a small, Missouri based hat company that uses very aristocratic logos to make someone like me feel special. And hey, it feels special, so I guess it worked!

I love the vents all through the sweat.

0eebcd498bc773c388a6a847a66c7684.jpg

51481a2b9fdb4d3ff46ed121ae488297.jpg

c84a24d92482431a88d2f63c032023b8.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
I found a little feature on the gentleman who owns the little hat shop. Felt like going back in time buying the hat. I asked him for his contact, stating I bet I knew some folks who'd buy from him. He said, "I don't have a phone. You gotta come in. Personal service."

https://youtu.be/Rlk0ksU-95M

I recently receive two Dalton hats which I purchased with the idea of having them rebuilt, as I knew they were a size too small for me. After a few phone calls with Optimo, I was ready to ship at least one off to them as soon as I got it, to be re-blocked in my size and cleaned up. These are my second and third Daltons, and I was speculating that the felt would be as wonderful as my OR clone I had Gus Miller at Batsakes work on this past spring. I received them on Friday, and they weren't in as bad of shape, nor as snug as I thought they would be. After steaming and stretching them a bit, I reached the conclusion that Optimo would just have to wait on another project, as these were going to fit OK and I really didn't want to compromise the hat history if I could avoid it. One is sage green, with a mid ribbon, 5 1/2" open crown and 2 1/4" bound brim. The other is that ever-popular blue-gray color you see so often, and just a shade off from my OR clone. This one's a thin ribbon w/ a wind trolley (yay!), same specs as the sage. These are a couple of the eBay photos; they arrived smushed into a box and stacked.

Dalton Sage 02.jpg Dalton Sage 03.JPG Dalton Blue 01.jpg
Sage/Sage/Blue-Gray

Yesterday, I put the blue-gray one on one of the couple blocks I have to open up the crown and mold it to my 7 1/4 head.

Dalton Blue 1.JPG Dalton Blue 3.JPG

I steamed it several times while on this block, concentrating on the top to make an attempt at getting it to "forget" it's previous crease, and left it on the block overnight. This morning I took it off. The fit is darn near perfect, it cleaned up really well, and I have a nice hat that won't need to go out for a refurb/rebuild!

Dalton Blue 10.JPG Dalton Blue 12.JPG Dalton Blue 19.JPG Dalton Blue 21.jpg Dalton Blue 11.JPG

Noggin shots:

Dalton Blue 15.JPG Dalton Blue 6.JPG Dalton Blue 7.JPG Dalton Blue 8.JPG

For some reason, this one even works for me brim up.

The Sage is currently happily ensconced on the block, and will undergo the same treatment.

I had bashed it and worn it out and about yesterday

Dalton Sage 1.JPG Dalton Sage 2.JPG IMG_0977.JPG

It's in a bit worse shape, and the liner is pretty stained and discolored. I had thought I might drop this one in the naphtha bath; however, after steaming it good, brushing it, and a little light pouncing on some of the more discolored spots, I think I'm going to forego that. I'll probably remove the liner and, if I can't get it cleaned up, replace it. But I don't think it will need the white gas treatment. The ribbon is discolored; however, as somebody pointed out yesterday in another thread, this gives it character, right?

Dalton Sage 6.JPG Dalton Sage 7.JPG Dalton Sage 8.JPG

Both of them will have to go in a box with some baking soda, as they are pretty musty. But all-in-all, I'm a very happy camper, obviously. I think I'm becoming a Dalton Man.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Fruno those are beautiful ... and look to fit perfectly

nice score man ... that right there is what it's all about

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Moon! The Vita-Felt is nice. Don't you have a Strat that is Vita-Felt? I recall a picture. Could be wrong though .... too many nice hats on here to keep track.

yeah

I have a Strat and a Whippet that are Vita Felt

some more interior pics would be great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld