Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
UWS Cowboy said:
Newly stretched Stetson (how old I have no idea) converted to porkpie.
IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_3976.jpg
Very cool! I like it, a lot!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice hats all around guys! I have a particular fondness for homburgs though I don't get to wear mine often but I just won another one off eBay. Hope it looks as good as those Michaelshane!

Nice photo Highlander! I do like all kinds of Stetsons; new and old.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats Highlander, Bingles, and Billyspew.
Michaelshane, Your homburg looks good.
GWS Cowboy, Nice Stetson Royal Beaver Twenty Five. Let me know if you decide to sell it. ;) :)
Kiltie, That's a terrific Open Road. Excellent bash!

Highlander

A-List Customer
I love the Homburgs too, and all of the great hats here. So glad to see folks sharing their love for hats, and their own bit of flare/style.

Steve

HatSoup

Familiar Face
New two-toned hat

I just got the two-toned Guerra I had been eyeing. It's by far my most expensive. Cost me $135.00. It is water-resistant and made in Italy. It is 100% awesome.

2e0oh2o.jpg

90znzo.jpg

view.php

2drzcee.jpg

Frykitty

Familiar Face
Hatsoup that two-toned Guerra is dynamite!
I can hardly believe my eyes every time I look at this thread! Amazing hats everywhere.

I have on its way a Borsalino that has a liner unlike any I've seen before. There is a logo with a ship and the name Marca "Colombo" prominently written, pertaining to Christopher Columbus I can only assume.
All my searches have yielded slim results. Does anyone have any insight on the significance of this? I would love to show pictures but I lack a digital camera at the moment. Thanks

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Frykitty said:
I have on its way a Borsalino that has a liner unlike any I've seen before. There is a logo with a ship and the name Marca "Colombo" prominently written, pertaining to Christopher Columbus I can only assume.
All my searches have yielded slim results. Does anyone have any insight on the significance of this? I would love to show pictures but I lack a digital camera at the moment. Thanks

There are a couple around. Does yours look like these?
Joseph Casazza's Colombo
Douglas's Colombo Outside,Inside
Brad Bower's Colombo

Frykitty

Familiar Face
Thanks for the quick response, Dinerman.

The Hat itself does look like the first picture. But my liner is not that old looking,
it is white satin with a colour logo, but without the yellowish (oilskin?) and it has the name Simeon Zlateff Sofia Rue Alabinska (Bulgaria?) stamped in it. I'll be sure to get picture as soon as possible. Thanks again.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
citRon said:
I also wonder if the 'Beaver Fifteen' is the beaver content, (15%) or if it is all beaver, or just the model name?

It has nothing to do with the felt content. A lot of companies used "beaver" or "beaver quality" to describe rabbit felt. There's a good chance it contains no beaver. It means it cost $15 when new.

Looks more like very late '50s or 1960s than '30s or '40s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe