Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I got this Black Stagecoach.
7 1/4 long oval that is a bit tight. The silver stagecoach is also 7 1/4 but not so tight and more confortable.
6" crown, 4 1/4" curled brim (with). Seller added a ($10) brush that I appreciate as i was needing another.
A $38.5 hat in what year? Can't figure when Resistol used white size tags, I think it's the first I saw. Also didn't know Stagecoach's had model names.
blackstage01.jpg

Man, that's a beautiful hat buddy! Really nice! I know that Stetson, at one time, used white size tags for their Long Oval sizes. Maybe that could be the reason for the white size tag in your Resistol...Maybe '70s vintage?

Pretty Please next time...

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up
Please don't include all pics when doing a reply with quote. You can edit them out or remove all but one. It really helps keep things easier to read.

thanks
B

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - great find but will you cope with that tiny brim? ;)
That brim is fine with me. I wish it was a lil' bigger. ;)

Man, that's a beautiful hat buddy! Really nice! I know that Stetson, at one time, used white size tags for their Long Oval sizes. Maybe that could be the reason for the white size tag in your Resistol...Maybe '70s vintage?
Thanks. I think I have a Stetson long oval but size tag was always black. Crown on this one is a bit stiff.
I didn't found a "dating resistol's from size tag" on TFL so I can only ask if someone knows when this hat was sold for $38.5.

Now I fished this one on the bay cheap for less than $70 with shipping. Was listed as tan but it's more of whiskey or my understanding of tan is wrong. Color on model ticket is "Puma". Nice color different from all others I have, was hunting for a whiskey.
Again 4 1/4" brim, 5" crown, 7 3/8, red sweatband bow (my first one). It have a price tag but can't fully read it... looks to be $38.
pumastage01.jpg

pumastage02.jpg

pumastage03.jpg

pumastage04.jpg

Needs brushing to remove dust.

...Now I fished this one on the bay cheap for less than $70 with shipping. Was listed as tan but it's more of whiskey or my understanding of tan is wrong. Color on model ticket is "Puma". Nice color different from all others I have, was hunting for a whiskey...
I'm really liking the woven hatbands on the hats you've been acquiring lately--very distinctive!

ingineer

One Too Many
Joao;
My guess is that it is from late 70's to no later than 1982.
The very height of the cowboy hat craze here.
When even the New York City people wore them.
Richard

guitarmasta12

A-List Customer
I just got a new Mallory hat. This isn't really new but its new as in it's now in my possession. So yeah this hat is like my Dobbs but I believe it's older. Defiantly not a 60s hat. The logo is an older one. Most likely 50s. So yeah it has beautiful brown felt with a black band and the bow is on the back. I had to reshape the brim and it still isn't to my likings. I'm going to just raise the sides and back up more. The brim is 2 2/4". not sure the crown height. the liner isn't sown in it's sort free floating. Not how to fix that ,but sweet hat right?!

1. http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5366b071.jpg

2. http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...psad4b502c.jpg

3. http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...psa7441f80.jpg

4. http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...psdfb50770.jpg

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
That's a great colour Joao.
Beautiful!
Yup! GREAT hatband/felt colors, Joao.
Very nice, Joao. Never knew the color Puma existed. :p I like it!
Thanks. I din't know it either. I do like the color. I think Resistol "invents" color names.

I'm really liking the woven hatbands on the hats you've been acquiring lately--very distinctive!
At first I wasn't very found of them but I think it's a thing that "grows" and now they are nice.

Joao;
My guess is that it is from late 70's to no later than 1982.
The very height of the cowboy hat craze here.
When even the New York City people wore them.
New York wearing cowboy hats? That would be something to be seen.
If that is true this hat is almost as old as me.

Purplesage

One Too Many
30s Adam

I picked up this Adam recently. Pretty sure it dates to the 30s. It has a 2 1/4" snap down brim with 1/4" grosgrain edging. The crown is approximately 5" (as shown with a center dent) and has a 1 3/4" grosgrain ribbon. Inside it has a sculpted silk liner and an unreeded leather sweatband with taped seam.

photo4-108_zpsa34fe43b.jpg

photo1-165_zps9eb63e62.jpg

photo4-110_zpsd87214fd.jpg

photo2-117_zps77accfc7.jpg

photo3-97_zpsfd0ece54.jpg

photo5-145_zpsed1e7256.jpg

Purplesage

One Too Many
Royal Stetson Deluxe Diplomat

Another recent acquisition. 2 1/2" brim with 1/2 overwelt with 4 rows of stitching; open crown is approx 5 1/2" with 1 3/4" grosgrain ribbon and wind trolley, Liner made of Rayon Satin liner of "Celanese Yarn."

photo-10_zps8a539b9b.jpg

photo-12_zps9e445566.jpg

photo-19_zps991b4a75.jpg

photo-13_zps35c99792.jpg

photo5-9_zpsa9300219.jpg

photo5-148_zps6e135d80.jpg

photo2-124_zps2f38ce1d.jpg

photo3-132_zps26ec60af.jpg

photo3-9_zpsdb4abdd2.jpg

photo4-6_zpsd740f413.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads