Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hatguy1

One Too Many
Here is a recent purchase from Ebay that was advertised as 100% wool. The sweatband and liner were missing too. As a result I was able to pick it up for a very cheap price. The color is a dark heather green but the flash has washed out the color. The close up of the bow or the photo of the inside of the hat represent the color a little better but still not accurate. The actual color is much darker and is similar to my Bluegrass Green Campdraft except it is a heather mix. It has a 5 1/2" open crown, 2 3/8" double stitched over welt brim and a 1 3/4" ribbon. The felt is thicker but very soft and easily creased by hand. Can anybody give me a date of manufacture by the labels? Any other info would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks!

Ahhhh, another nice hat for St Patrick's Day.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
The hat can I got from ebay has arrived. In it was a hat (I knew it had a hat inside).
This is a Stetson Buffalo. I don't know nothing about it (better or worst than beaver/wabbit? Was it more expensive or a cheaper hat? How old can it be?).
I can see some X's on sweatband but can't see clearly if it is 4 or 5. Not a stiff hat like almost all I have and was been well used. Have some signatures on it (I can count 6 but I don't know who sign it). Size is 7R , it doesn't fit in my head so I don't know what I'm gonna do with it. Maybe I'll give it to my father as he keep asking me for one and say my hats are all big for him. Need a clean up as it have it's own wild life (dead) on it.
buff01.jpg

buff02.jpg

buff03.jpg

buff04.jpg

buff05.jpg

buff06.jpg

buff07.jpg

buff08.jpg

buff09.jpg

Borchert Berlin W., measures size 59cm, super condition, with original box, probably mid 1950s. I really like the look of this one. More details in the German - Austrian thread.

12308694046_591d22505c_b.jpg

12308115295_b6ffe6f7f8_b.jpg

12308135455_edf74d03c5_b.jpg

12308324633_a9197c931e_b.jpg

This is a Stetson Buffalo. I don't know nothing about it (better or worst than beaver/wabbit? Was it more expensive or a cheaper hat? How old can it be?).
Not as fine as rabbit, no where near beaver. Actually, I think it is a rabbit/bison blend.
Priced about the same as rabbit but supposedly much more rugged & durable than a straight rabbit or beaver/rabbit blend.
Can't be that old since the collection has not been around that long = http://www.stetsonhat.com/collections.php?prod_id=50
This one looks very well used...HTH

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Not as fine as rabbit, no where near beaver. Actually, I think it is a rabbit/bison blend.
Priced about the same as rabbit but supposedly much more rugged & durable than a straight rabbit or beaver/rabbit blend.
Can't be that old since the collection has not been around that long = http://www.stetsonhat.com/collections.php?prod_id=50
This one looks very well used...HTH

I though the same because it have a sticker with a bar code on it. It looks like chocolate color but it is well used and shows some "red spots".
Don't know how fast can someone put a hat with those sweatstains.
Was it used before or after the signatures? No one knows.

...This is a Stetson Buffalo....Have some signatures on it (I can count 6 but I don't know who sign it)...
First impression--taking their number and placement into consideration, is it possible those are autographs and the hat was used in some sort of movie or television production? It's just a thought, but it might warrant a little investigation.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
First impression--taking their number and placement into consideration, is it possible those are autographs and the hat was used in some sort of movie or television production? It's just a thought, but it might warrant a little investigation.
I might investigate but I don't know were to start. Don't know any signatures...

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Likely no liner with the crescent ventilation on either side and the typical hole pattern in the top. A very lightweight hat.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Q: Alan if there is nothing to suggest that the middle Borso is a pre-50s hat, what evidence is there that would exclude it from being a pre-50s Borso? The OPS tag seems to be pretty decisive in dating a hat within a three year window but the middle Borso does not have an OPS tag and the features are certainly characteristic of a 40s era hat. Maybe our resident Borso experts would know! It really doesn't matter to me if it was pre or post 50s, I'm most interested in factual data to improve my knowledge base.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Knox Superfine Foxhound with Back Bow

Heather gray Knox Superfine Foxhound with a 2 3/8" brim with underwelt edge and a 4 1/8" crown which is wrapped in a 2 " blue grosgrain ribbon with back bow. Blue and white two tone liner with cellophane cover. The brim is fairly wide for a back bow fedora.

photo3-142_zps2f2740f1.jpg

photo4-146_zpsaf77107f.jpg

photo1-177_zpsd299a06e.jpg

photo5-162_zpsb2fd49f7.jpg

photo3-146_zps888008c5.jpg

photo1-183_zpseffe9914.jpg

photo-7_zpsa1c0872f.jpg

Last edited:

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks alot like mine only yours is grey and mine is brown:

50's Foxhound