Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Yep bond I would have returned it as well as I said they actually had a change of heart or something and refunded my money and offered it for super cheap. Worth a try I guess

Made a deal with ebay seller after major condition issues cancelled our transaction. I know this is not in great condition but was hard to pass up for the price they asked for. Tim AKA the Cane Rod Maker is sending me thin ribbon and going to coach me on how to replace this stained ribbon....should be interesting. Can you guys help date the hat?
great everyday hate, i would not even worry about the stain , but your getting a new one

RBH

Bartender
Hey Teach... you do know that the felt beneath the wide ribbon will be a different shade than the felt that has weathered the years.
If it were mine... I would leave it as is and have a great beater [in the best sense] to wear when the job calls for a hat but not one of your finer models.
It would make a great 'LAWLESS' style fedora in my opinion.
But... best of luck in what you decide to try!

edit to add... maybe the felt color is the same...again good luck!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
OK my FIRST attempt at repairing a sweatband is complete. I really wanted to keep the original with this Boroso....now I know this may not be a work of art compared to others but it works! It is very gratifying that I did this correctly and the sweat is fully functional. Now.....to wait for some supplies and try my hand at the ribbon. Side note....how should I attach the liner???? It was just in there with nothing holding it in
Before
After
[URL=http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/historyteach24/media/ebay/20131113_231453_zps86e0630a.jpg.html]
http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/historyteach24/media/ebay/20131113_231603_zps417d0975.jpg.html

Ghost Rider

One of the Regulars
Again I'm faced with the question - "Which thread should I post this in?", but since it is new, after all. Bought last week in Sydney (at the excellent Strand Hatters), my new Akubra Hampton in Cruiser Grey (Rebashed from the original centre dent with a teardrop):

For the noggin shot, you'll have to look in the "Fedoras Afield" Thread ;)

Lotsahats

One Too Many
image.jpg

There's a near-mint Knox 100 in this box...I can't wait to open it!

A

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Knox 100

buler, you've got it just about right, but I think I'm cured rather than spoiled. I've now seen hat nirvana, and I am complete. Hat-wise, at least.

The hat sitting in that box was not near mint, it was a pristine 70ish year-old piece of American art. The felt is simply too amazing for words--dense and thick, yet completely shapeable, too. From the cavanagh edge to the ribbon work, the sweat and liner to the crown, this hat is top-notch craftsmanship. The color is the most phenomenal silverbelly, and the ribbon is a red-wine-meets-chocolate color. I was so enthrall we by the feel and the look of the hat that I completely forgot to put it on for a good five minutes. It fits just on the right side of snug. It wasn't made for me, but it's close enough this side of a custom hat. Alan has taken much better pictures, so I'll add only some head shots that do not do this hat justice.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks, Alan, for releasing this treasure to me.

A

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Aaron, not only is it a great hat, it looks perfect being part of you.

Congratulations and I hope you wear the heck out of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82