Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JD and Tom, nice Stetsons, both of you. The whippet looks great and the two tone ribbon is very cool.

Another nice green, Gene. I like the brim turned down in front and back.

Stoney

Practically Family
Holy KerSplat Batman!

Every one of the hats on this page looks great/

Bob, Other than some wear on the sweatband, your 3X Stetson looks like a new one.

Justdog,

That Whippet is a fine example. Nice liner , sweatband, the ribbons and felt look like they are in new condition.

Tom,

That is a really sweet lid. I love to see complex brim stitching on a hat and the unique ribbon treatment really as some zing to the thing. Again a fine looking lid.

Gene,

Green lids, yes you have a few..lol I really like this one.

Congrats Gents,

Stoney

Justdog

Practically Family
Fine gentlemen all

Cu dos to all the great posts.
Was aiming for this and hit it right on color wise. My photos don't get the true deep color but it is exactly like this one Nicholson is holding, although is it just me Jacks hat seems big.

JackNicholson.jpg

The third pic of the whippet almost captures the color.

I think I identified Nicholson s hat as a Borsalino. Maybe one of these:
http://www.delmonicohatter.com/Merc...reen=CTGY&Category_Code=Borsalino_Fedora_Hats

BobC

It's a beauty, JD. I see it's a 7 1/4. If you decide you don't like it, I'm looking for one. Keep me in mind, ok? :D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Tom-n-Perris said:

Holy Smoke, Tom!!! That is just a fantastic find. What an incredibly cool lid. I'm lovin' the brim treatment, and that two-tone ribbon is great. With all of the vintage Stetsons that are out there, I am always jazzed when someone finds one that is rare and out of the ordinary. Your lid strikes me in that way. Judging by the liner, it looks like it quite likely dates back to the 40's. Enjoy that one -- it's a beauty! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Thank you HPG, BobC, Stoney, JD and Jimmy the Lid for your kind words about my new lid. I am still just admiring it and can't believe that I was able to win this one on Ebay. I thought for sure that someone was going to outbid me and I was already writing this fine lid off.

As to your question Vjramire as far as I know this is the original hat ribbon for the hat. Due to its age it may very well might not be but I would like to think that it is the original ribbon.

Hats are like potato chips, You just can't have one! :eek:

bolthead

Tom-n-Perris said:
Thank you HPG, BobC, Stoney, JD and Jimmy the Lid for your kind words about my new lid. I am still just admiring it and can't believe that I was able to win this one on Ebay. I thought for sure that someone was going to outbid me and I was already writing this fine lid off.

As to your question Vjramire as far as I know this is the original hat ribbon for the hat. Due to its age it may very well might not be but I would like to think that it is the original ribbon.
Tom, that is one of the nicest Lids I've seen won on ebay since this thread opened up......I missed it for sure. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Tom-n-Perris said:
I thought for sure that someone was going to outbid me...

I thought about it, lemme tell you.

But to now learn that a fellow Lounger got it and to observe your obvious appreciation of that hat significantly eases my remorse for not snagging it myself.

A happy ending and a helluva hat!

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Crom...thats a great OR you're sporting...been thinking about getting one for a long time.
Wil...Man those are some sweet Borso's......Lookin' good!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
cromcruiach said:
My new Stetson Open Road. Not technically a fedora, though it can be.

Well there you go.
On some guys, that hat can look awkward. On many, it says "auctioneer." On you, it just looks exactly right, natural, and like it belongs there.
If you get your heart set on one of the fedora style open roads, I hope you'll just pony up for an Akubra Campdraft, and leave that hat alone. It suits you perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe