Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Possibly the coolest leather jacket I've seen!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/fortyniners1849/jl-smoke-nvy.html

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Even if it's not your thing, you have to admire the color and back stitching! (repro of East West Musical Instruments jacket).

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
I dig the jacket but looking at the model I doubt I'll be digging the price tag.. do I want to know Nick?

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I dig the jacket but looking at the model I doubt I'll be digging the price tag.. do I want to know Nick?

Just to admire, that's all. I couldn't fit into them anyway...examining this company's jackets up close, the price isn't really THAT bad for what you get. This is one of those "Rolex" investments.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I'm afraid that I don't like it (which isn't to say that it's a bad jacket, it's just not my style).
Will it look better when it's not new, and has some character? I don't know. The color is a bit too much for me, I'm not sure if people will still think it's a cool color next year, or if it will look dated. This is why I stick to vintage classic styles and colors. For someone with a lot more confidence, and cash, it doesn't matter, I guess.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Don't like this either, kind of a theatrical hipster aesthetic going on, a testament to seam stitching maybe - but I'm not interested. If it floats your boat, however: fine. I would never invest in leather either. I only buy what I like to wear out...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I'm afraid that I don't like it (which isn't to say that it's a bad jacket, it's just not my style).
Will it look better when it's not new, and has some character? I don't know. The color is a bit too much for me, I'm not sure if people will still think it's a cool color next year, or if it will look dated. This is why I stick to vintage classic styles and colors. For someone with a lot more confidence, and cash, it doesn't matter, I guess.

I just reread your words. I agree. Just checking; people with more confidence and cash? - are you saying it would work for them? I know a bunch of folk with more cash and "confidence" than I have, although I think the word is chutzpa is better that confidence. Most of the time they look like idiots in what they choose to wear (but they don't know they do), and because they are wealthy, they assume they have the divine right of Kings, hence their confidence. I can't help finding them funny.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I just reread your words. I agree. Just checking; people with more confidence and cash? - are you saying it would work for them? I know a bunch of folk with more cash and "confidence" than I have, although I think the word is chutzpa is better that confidence. Most of the time they look like idiots in what they choose to wear (but they don't know they do), and because they are wealthy, they assume they have the divine right of Kings, hence their confidence. I can't help finding them funny.

Well, I wanted to say 'more money than dress sense', but I was trying to be gentle.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If money were no object, I'd go for it, though maybe in a different shade of blue, something more petrol green.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I don't want to link an active auction, but search "east west leather jacket sunrise" and there's an original on ebay identical to this.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Either black or brown for me. The overall design is too busy for my taste. Maybe that's why the Maxwell is my favorite design.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Either black or brown for me. The overall design is too busy for my taste. Maybe that's why the Maxwell is my favorite design.

They're intentionally busy/off the grid. That's their charm! This is one of the more conservative East West models. Some of them have leaves/mushroom art embossed in the leather...

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dunno, Nick. Yesterday on another thread it was the jaguar and zebra linings, and now this. What's next? Fuzzy pink hats and platforms with live goldfish? Take a deep breath, go camping, and stop watching those Beretta reruns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82