Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos: U.S. Wings Horse(?) Indy

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Hi Folks,

Here's a few photos of my new U.S. Wings Indy jacket. I ordered it in horsehide and the invoice stated that it was horsehide, but who knows? What's y'all's best guess?

carolinagame047.jpg

carolinagame051.jpg

carolinagame049.jpg

carolinagame050.jpg

carolinagame048.jpg

Atticus

Peacoat

Bartender
There is really no way to tell without DNA testing, and even that is iffy on hide that has been tanned--from my understanding. If it looks good, feels good and smells good, then it is good. From the pictures it looks good, so I think it is good. Congratulations on a nice jacket.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It looks like horse to me - especially the last shot. It definitely has totally different grain from my goatskin version of the same jacket.

How's the fit on yours for you? Mine's too big in the shoulders, too long in the sleeves, and too tight in the belly/waist: I'm probably going to end up giving it to a friend...

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Thanks All!

Actually, I'm OK with either horse or cow---I just didn't want another goatskin jacket. I've already got a flock of them.

Dr. Strange, my Indy fits me well except for the length of the sleeves. After the jacket breaks in some, I will probably will have them shortened a bit. Since Indy jackets don't have knit cuffs, longish sleeves on them can become an issue to short-armed people such as me.

While I doubt that this jacket will ever become my favorite, I think it will fill a certain niche in my humble wardrobe. Almost all of my other leather jackets are issued A-2s and G-1s. I wanted something less military (without patches or patch marks) that I could wear with jeans or khakis. Something without knits, but not a blazer or a car coat. I think the Indy will do nicely for this purpose.

Atticus

Flieger

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket, Atticus!

I couldn't find the HH Indy option on the U.S Wings website - Did you have it special ordered?

Flieger

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Flieger said:
Beautiful jacket, Atticus!

I couldn't find the HH Indy option on the U.S Wings website - Did you have it special ordered?

Flieger

Hi Flieger,

Thanks, but no, this was just a $79.00 "clearance" jacket.

When I found out about the sale, I called U.S. Wings and asked what kind of Indy jackets were still available in my size thinking to buy one in cow or distressed cow. The lady who answered the phone (Tina) told me that they had goat, cow and horse still in stock. I asked her several times if she was sure she had the jacket in horse because I didn't see it on their web page. She looked again and assured me that she had three horsehide Indy jackets remaining in XL---so I bought one.

Atticus

Doug C

Practically Family
HorseHide it is..

I believe it is Horse Hide by the looks of your pictures. I recently got a horse hide from US Auth and it looks like what your pictures show, that is a basically smooth hide without much grain, broken up instead by creasing Veins, that cause the surface to colapse where the veining is. Other HH jackets I've had (particularly a type A-1 from LostWorlds) had areas that look loike your collar shots, but was on the upper sleeve etc. of my jacket.

Doug C

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe