Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pencil Mustache

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
LOL, SP!!

I'm not sure anybody looks good just after a stay in a hospital.

Slim Portly said:
... although I also like John's "tawdry... and terminally fussy narcissist."

lol

Edit: I have to say that reviewing the picture of myself from last May on the page beore this one, I am astounded at how bad I looked just after my stay in the hospital. What a low point that was.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
FedoraFan112390 said:
What movies does Errol Flynn wear a pencil thin in? I've only seen him wear a goatee in his swashbuckling movies like Captain Blood and Robin Hood.

These are two :D ~~~

"Four is a Crowd" 1938

hollywood003.jpg

"The Charge of the Light Brigade" 1936

article-1193489-055DD2A8000005DC-87.jpg

adouglasmhor

Familiar Face
Yes, I went out walking through Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK), dressed in my 30's/40's gear, pencil moustache, and I dressed for myself, no-one else, and felt quite at home about it!

Anyone who is picking a fight, well it shows their insecurities, not mine. I'm quite happy right now with the auld tache, even if it is on probation!!

I have been out on a Saturday night in Newcastle in vintage black tie, and in a vintage tweed suit, no one commented except for some doormen from one of the clubs saying I looked smart, I have also been in Byker wearing vintage again with no ill effects. I find bearing and confidence are as good as a shield in most cases.

Last edited:

MikePotts

Practically Family
Not a very good photograph I'm afraid but just to show that regular folks wore them too:

P1000801.jpg

Here's my father (with some kid!) probably about 1956/7 I'd guess.

MP

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I find looking at those, somehow still seeing him with his Mo', sort of like a ghost limb, weird, I'm so accustomed to seeing it I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe