Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pass the Bucket - Eminem is Paladin.

Terry Lennox

Suspended
True,

We know that now about Will, but at the time he started on Fresh Prince, I remember a lot of talk about a rapper being an actor.

I'm just saying maybe give him a chance. Look at Keanu Reeves, he's somehow made a living being an actor...

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
nononono

Eminem and Will Smith are in two different categories.
Even with Fresh Prince, everybody liked him. I look at Eminem and want to smack the kid. Eminem's going to have to do a lot of changing before he'll be taken serious...will that happen? maybe, I can't see it happening at all in the near future though.
Will's a great actor, even though he plays comedies, he's earned the respect many people have for him today.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
and speaking of Kneau Reeves (really not trying to start a fight here!) , I've never been impressed with his acting. In fact, there are a few I can think of, actors and actresses that have little acting ability in my book, yet have made a career out of it.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I can't stand Will Smith. He doesn't act, he preens, like a budgie. Gross. For that reason he should have been perfectly cast in Ali, but Alas.

Little Nicky is one of the ten* best movies ever made. I like the part where the demons start eating the rabbits instead of the chicken... HAR! :D

*ten thousand

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
mysterygal said:
and speaking of Kneau Reeves (really not trying to start a fight here!) , I've never been impressed with his acting. In fact, there are a few I can think of, actors and actresses that have little acting ability in my book, yet have made a career out of it.

He's been fortunate enough to have been cast in some fairly good big budget movies. Sometimes some of them just get lucky I guess. [huh]

Feraud

Bartender
Maj.Nick Danger said:
He's been fortunate enough to have been cast in some fairly good big budget movies. Sometimes some of them just get lucky I guess. [huh]
That would be The Matrix and...........................................................................................................? :)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
dr greg said:
Keanu's best work had to be in Bill&Ted, but even that doesn't sink as low as Antonio Banderas, I avoid anything with his name on it as a matter of course. But I'm a male.
I don't even think the guy's all that attractive...but maybe because he's so corny. I lost ALL respect for him in acting with his role in 'Zorro'. Was so disapointing for me...The rest of the cast was so great. I felt the movie was pretty much ruined with Banderas in it :mad:

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Mr. Smith doesn't make that bad of music either. What I like about him is that he doesn't play the victim...he's positive, no matter it be music or acting

Viola

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal said:
Mr. Smith doesn't make that bad of music either. What I like about him is that he doesn't play the victim...he's positive, no matter it be music or acting

Positive he may be, and a better influence and all that, but while I am perfectly willing to believe he is the superior actor, no way in icy heck is Will Smith the better rapper.

I will give Marshall Mathers his props on one score - he may be a miserable human being, but he can rap his white butt off.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Viola said:
Positive he may be, and a better influence and all that, but while I am perfectly willing to believe he is the superior actor, no way in icy heck is Will Smith the better rapper.

I will give Marshall Mathers his props on one score - he may be a miserable human being, but he can rap his white butt off.
ok the kid can rap...but...it's not music! *sighs* I'm just getting old I guess!
Wasn't Emenim in another movie awhile back? how'd he do there?
What draws me to a movie has a lot to do with the people acting in it. There are people who have won your trust that the movie they play, chances are it's going to be good.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Well he did well in 8 Mile, mysterygal. Not to give him TOO much credit: he was playing a poor white trailer trash rapper from Detroit.

If a poor white trailer trash rapper from Detroit can't pull that role off, you take him out back and shoot him. So he picked a role he could sell, which is a skill, but not acting exactly.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
that's what movie it was...I remember all the hub bub it created. There was a lot of correlations between the story line of the movie and his real life.

mysterygal said:
that's what movie it was...I remember all the hub bub it created. There was a lot of correlations between the story line of the movie and his real life.

That isn't acting. That's called living. :D
Now if he had to portray a priviledged person from birth with high ideals, morals and ethics then it would be a stretch and called acting. For him I would call that impossible. :p

Regards,

J

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't quite go as far as say impossible....most actors and actresses are not exactly ranking high on the morality list. It would for sure be a pretty good stretch for him to come across as sincere and as a guy you look at and say to yourself, 'I like him!'. He's got to grow up some..the only way I can see that happening for him is hitting rock bottom unfortunately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally