Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pass the Bucket - Eminem is Paladin.

Hondo

One Too Many
theme song

I can't see or picture Eminem as Paladin, remember the theme song?

Have Gun Will Travel reads the card of a man.
A knight without armor in a savage land.

His fast gun for hire head's the calling wind.
A soldier of fotune is the man called Paladin.

Paladin, Paladin
Where do you roam?
Paladin, Paladin,
Far, far from home.

Watching the film "Stand By Me" when the kids were singing the Theme song was pretty cool, brought back memories, I don't see Eminem as Paladin,
probably just old fashion,

Paladin, Paladin Where do you roam?

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thinking of this some more and I think Matt Dillon could pull it off as Paladin if they're needing a younger guy, and he ain't all that young. Also the long thin face of Adrian Brody would work visually. Mustaches on anyone who plays Paladin is a given.
th_violent018.gif

Feraud

Bartender
If they intend a serious remake the 'stache will be out. It is not considered hip or cool to sport one nowadays. Moustaches are usually put on homage characters. Think Vince Vaughn in Starsky & Hutch. Maybe Eminem should borrow the faux hawk look for his character.

Which reminds me..when they remake Magum P.I. is Ben Affleck going to sport the trademark Selleck moustache?

Feraud said:
If they intend a serious remake the 'stache will be out. It is not considered hip or cool to sport one nowadays. Moustaches are usually put on homage characters. Think Vince Vaughn in Starsky & Hutch. Maybe Eminem should borrow the faux hawk look for his character.

Which reminds me..when they remake Magum P.I. is Ben Affleck going to sport the trademark Selleck moustache?

Aflake is going to be Magnum?! Oh geez, just shoot me now. :eek: :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
Gigli anyone? :p

Regards,

J
Stop that! I just ate lunch! lol

We do not really believe he co-wrote an Oscar winning film, do we?
I just know a ghost writer was brought in on Good Will Hunting. Not that it was such a great movie...

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If mustaches aren't cool why do the so-called "hip" guys have them along with a 4-day beard growth. I guess they're OK as long as they're not well defined.:)

Stoney

Practically Family
Yeech!

Eminem as Pallidin, Affleck as Magnum..Whats next Ryan Reynolds as Columbo?

I'm afraid that the TV and movie studios need some inspiration, and maybe a swift kick in th can, if all they can do is remake classics, with bad actors, and in bad taste.

The Captain

One of the Regulars
Don't mess with success!

As far as I'm concerned, there are things that are strictly not permitted. They have to do with Superman's cape, spitting into the wind, the Lone Ranger's mask and messing around with - PALADIN! It's
not only Richard Boone who is disrespected here, John Dehner did the
character justice on radio for 106 episodes. Why does someone always have
to cheapen the image by "modernizing" it?

74796958.AAUufzfj.RICHARDBOONE.jpg

BTW, Paladin's friend at The Carlton Hotel (1875) was "Hey Boy", not very PC,
but that was the times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally