Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OUT OF THE PAST

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
skyvue said:
There are four volumes in the Film Noir Classic Collection series so far, KY Gent, and they are all worth checking out.
I went today and got the collection with Out of the Past, The Set Up, Gun Crazy, etc. The store associate I talk to frequently in the B&N music/DVD area lit right up when I asked about this set. I saw the others you recommended as well. There are other collections that looked interesting, "Tough Guys" and "Gangsters" in the same area that might be worth a look. Anyway, I'll be watching the movies in this collection this week.
Thanks for the information.

RBH

Bartender
KY Gentleman, you will not regret getting these. As I stated Out Of The Past is fantastic!!!!

My wife and I both noticed all the smoking going on in this film. I got her to watch it with me, she loved it.
Thats the way it always is... she never wants to watch these old films... but when she does she thinks they are great! :D

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
You were right!

Out Of The Past was great. I watched it tonight. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll be watching "Gun Crazy" tomorrow!:)

:eek:fftopic: RBH: By the way, I've been looking for the link you provided for the Peterson Bros. straw "Indy style" hat. Could you re-list that for me here?

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
AND...
just what did you post?:D

Ooohh... Something fascinating I guess. Broke a rule maybe. Don't remember now.

The movie is a great one though. Remade as the risible Against All Odds. Phil Collins.... yuk.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Back to the Noir collection

I've been able to watch three of these and I think they all are great so far.
The movies are good and the background stuff is amazing, watching people check their bank "savings books", the chain-smoking, all the old time everyday ways of "modern" living. I have gotten a kick out of it all.

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
RBH said:
Just watched 'Murder My Sweet', wow it was good!

One of the great ones. It helped establish a noir visual style, and it recharged Dick Powell's career. Raymond Chandler was on record as greatly admiring Powell's Marlowe.

RBH

Bartender
By the way Dick Powell was from Stone County Arkansas.:D

mms03.jpg

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
RBH said:
Just watched 'Murder My Sweet', wow it was good!
So far "Asphalt Jungle" is my favorite in this set, but the main character is a Kentucky boy.... "Gun Crazy" was fun, too. I still have a couple to watch but this set is well worth the purchase price. Thanks for the tip....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld