Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Our own vintage town

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Fun to see this topic revived. I'll now revive the most popular bone of contention in it: Can we maybe move this charming town to a more temperate climate? I believe I saw a comment in another post that mentioned the "regular oven they call Texas". If we could haul it just a few miles further north, to where average temperatures get below 100, I'd be there in a heartbeat. Or maybe this can be our warm weather "own vintage town", and we can keep looking for a cold weather one. I know for a fact that both rural Pennsylvania and upstate New York have zillions of nice little towns that would make great candidates.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Hey, somebody's gotta draw those long, cold, dark, lonely watches in the middle of the night so the lovely ladies of our community;) (and everyone else, too:D lol ) can sleep peacefully in their beds... right?
I will scare up a Neighborhood Crime Watch if someone will supply the coffee, donuts, and several fast cars. I recommend Ford V-8s, known to be the desperado's favorite.
253831~1934-Ford-Deluxe-Four-Door-Sedan-Posters.jpg

1934 Fordor, as used by Bonnie and Clyde and their pursuers

missjo

Practically Family
I'm not leaving Europe, especially not for somewhere Hot!
I think France may be a good spot, there is lots of land, its cheap, lots of history, Health & Safety have less power there, lots of wine ;)

I'd love to live in the UK or Germany but its soo expensive there and there arent many ghosttowns or abandoned estates.
A Scandinavion country might be interesting as well, lots of space there and not too hot!

Anyway, check google for something called 'Urban exploration', people going around the world looking for abandoned houses, factories, etc.
Ive spotted a nice 1920s childrens home in belgium, with swimming pool and own theatre :D

PS, im completely 100% serious about this plan, if something like this ever comes of the ground in europe im packing my bags and moving in!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Hmmmmm . . . . . France! Now there's an idea! Citroens, berets. I'm thinking Jacques Tati's darling flic "Jour de Fete." A very different vintage town from what you'd find in the USA. An intriguing idea. I guess now we have to have MULTIPLE vintage towns, one per continent.

cowboy76

Suspended
dhermann1 said:
Hmmmmm . . . . . France! Now there's an idea! Citroens, berets. I'm thinking Jacques Tati's darling flic "Jour de Fete." A very different vintage town from what you'd find in the USA. An intriguing idea. I guess now we have to have MULTIPLE vintage towns, one per continent.

well, as long as no one invades us,....we'll all surrendur!!:eek: :eusa_doh:

kidding,..kidding....

cowboy76

Suspended
Well, its up there now in price!! Yo ahve to ask yourself,..what do the people in the town think about this??

Seriously though,...what I want to know is,....do these gals come with the auction?? I mean they ARE pictured in the auction and all!!:D
fe89_1.JPG

...or maybe that's just the way they look after a few rounds of Texas Lonestar Beer??

...just wonderin'...;)

missjoeri said:
I'd pay extra to keep people like that out of our town!
They're just not proper ladies!

lol lol lol lol lol
Just imagine them dressed correctly. Don't forget---a la Al Capone's clubs---we have a dress code that involves hats and gloves for women and suits for men unless engaged in hard work. Then you have to wear a hat.
I think they would make good carhops at the drive-in though. ;) :p

Regards,

J

missjo

Practically Family
Not to my town!
My vintage town is a proper decent town, not a 50s hollywood fantasy! :D
In my nice town people do kinky nastyness behind closed doors on in that club in that allyway behind the cinema!
The way it should be!

Women in my town look like this;

452857243_9b8555392c.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Hey missjoeri, and women who look like this? .....I know, I know :p lol
Would you let them live in your placid town? or they are not good either...
No flappers allowed?????

moorec02.jpg

missjo

Practically Family
Naughtyness is so much more fun when secretive and hidden from public ;)

So only proper authentic 1930s dressed people in our streets during the day!
For everything else... well just follow the spilled pop corn :D

missjo

Practically Family
HadleyH said:
Hey missjoeri, and women who look like this? .....I know, I know :p lol
Would you let them live in your placid town? or they are not good either...
No flappers allowed?????

moorec02.jpg

Oh shes more then welcome!
Classy lady that!
Mind you, not very handy clothes to go out shopping with.
But she can visit the Night club Ill be starting...

Club Interbellum!
Whoohoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe