Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Forgot to bid ... again. It didn’t fit me anyway. Anyone here get it for the $17.50 winning bid?

E5C94D3C-4E6E-408C-8BB3-6870EAD14357.jpeg

EEF0F73B-8713-4E88-A892-7488635880E9.jpeg

5947719F-0F72-408A-B09C-55C0446A1C1D.jpeg

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Forgot to bid ... again. It didn’t fit me anyway. Anyone here get it for the $17.50 winning bid?

View attachment 170974

View attachment 170976

View attachment 170975
I was watching too.
I picked up a Stetson Dobbs combo with a box earlier this week just for opening the bid, then forgetting about it.
Both were big for me, and stingy brims as well, but my "Grammie Ine" worked at Marshall Fields when I was the young scion of the family. She used to take me into the loop by train on her days off to wow all of her coworkers. I was a very sharp dresser back then, and she gets most of the credit. The Stetson was a Marshall Fields hat from the Men's store. I'll never forget that massive bear!

The two hats are very nice, especially the Stetson. Pebbled sweat and a sleek dark brown felt that feels like I'm petting an otter. It wears beautifully with the brim up, like a stingy homburg, or open. I wish it fit, but 7 1/4 is too big unless I pad it with foam.
The Dobbs, is nice too, but suffers in the Steson's shadow. I could say all of the same things of it, but the Stetson does them each a little better. It's 7 3/8, so I look like a mini me even trying it on. It was described as brown, but looks very deep olive to me.
Who knows?
Men are notoriously color blind in the brown/green spectrums.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

I hate "Internet Absentee Bidding". Prior to the actual auction you're logical in your thinking and bidding, but being left out of the live bidding you can't make those irrational decisions to bid just a bit more ... and don't know you lost until the next day. I didn't go too deep on this as it's a size below mine, but thought it would be worth a chance if I could get it cheap enough. I apparently could not...

Royal_Stetson_Zephyr_Weight_1.jpg

Royal_Stetson_Zephyr_Weight_2.jpg

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
I hate "Internet Absentee Bidding". Prior to the actual auction you're logical in your thinking and bidding, but being left out of the live bidding you can't make those irrational decisions to bid just a bit more ... and don't know you lost until the next day. I didn't go too deep on this as it's a size below mine, but thought it would be worth a chance if I could get it cheap enough. I apparently could not...

View attachment 171458

View attachment 171460
Do you mean the " Enter your highest bid. We'll bid up for you?"

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Yep ... but not allowing me to participate in the live auction removed any chance of my upping the bid in the heat of the moment. Probably a good thing (or I should have just bid higher to begin with). Sour grapes... :rolleyes:

I don't understand. Steur said something about not being able to participate because sellers don't like to ship overseas. I didn't understand that either.
Are you unable to sign in to eBay, or do you get blocked so you don't have a bid button on the screen of your devise? How does it work, and what's their rationale for doing it?

I don't understand. Steur said something about not being able to participate because sellers don't like to ship overseas. I didn't understand that either.
Are you unable to sign in to eBay, or do you get blocked so you don't have a bid button on the screen of your devise? How does it work, and what's their rationale for doing it?

This wasn't eBay (note the thread title). This was a web interface into live auctions at "auction houses". Some are more sophisticated than others and will either do an all-internet bidding or allow internet participation in the live on-site bidding.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
This wasn't eBay (note the thread title). This was a web interface into live auctions at "auction houses". Some are more sophisticated than others and will either do an all-internet bidding or allow internet participation in the live on-site bidding.

I guess when I see auction, I think eBay, thread title be damned! Sssssso, thanks, I needed that!

The best part of The Lounge is the people. Lots of diverse personalities and some genuine friends. John @moehawk turned me onto this hat and I couldn’t buy it fast enough. Thank you, John!

479ded29aa5a6ef638c070a30b17a86a.jpg

862922711acabc20bd559b0c55a10455.jpg

a62030d2384a370e25a7c4b18c81d976.jpg

a8be714c8188b6a15a73bff020411638.jpg

3168a111d2ed034922a44561756bd13f.jpg

d4a4f488883ee39d02d21eaa56a0b76c.jpg

eacceb89b006d73c1f6b16806b728c55.jpg

A 7 5/8 long oval Playboy! Miracles do happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fantastic, Brent! Great and rare score; it looks near new.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael