Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Schott Perfecto in Horween CX HH

Hm... Odd how the main zipper on this jacket is tucked deeply inside the jacket, exactly like how Aero fits their zippers. Never seen a jacket from Schott - or from any other jacket for that matter - with the same feature. Even the 629, which is exactly the same model as the jacket above, only in cow, has its zipper placed in a normal manner.

Edward

Bartender
Nature of the natural hide. I've got a slip-case for my Surface in a similar hide (mine is probably steer, but similar finish). It shows marks in the same sort of way that a fabric like velvet or suede does when you rub your finger over it a certain way. I quite like how it looks. Part of me wodners whether it would stain, but if it's been treated that way I imagine it's no more likely than any other light coloured leather. I liked it in black, but there's something actually very appealing about that natural shade. I can imagine this appealing to folks who want a bit of the D pocket action but find the black and a bit too "biker" for them.

I saw this particular Perfect design a while back in various other hides. I liked it in black, but there's something actually very appealing about that natural shade. I can imagine this appealing to folks who want a bit of the D pocket action but find the black and chrome a bit too "biker" for them. They're bigging it up as a reproduction of the "original" 1928 model, though Dinerman has, in another thread, pointed out that that is, at best, hyperbole.... Still, I really like it. For me, this design is a real middle point between a D pocket Buco style and something like the Aero Bootlegger.

Anyone tried one in the flesh, so to speak?

I like it very much and would order one if it came in a tall or long size(since I am tall)...which seems not to be the case. Even if it was the style for a 1928 model..I can't stand for a MC jacket to ride above my belt like pictured with the guy standing and especially riding on the bike. I put a lot of miles on my MC each year and having a leather jacket riding up in back defeats the purpose of keeping the cold weather/wind or rain out..for me.
HD

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I like it very much and would order one if it came in a tall or long size(since I am tall)...which seems not to be the case. Even if it was the style for a 1928 model..I can't stand for a MC jacket to ride above my belt like pictured with the guy standing and especially riding on the bike. I put a lot of miles on my MC each year and having a leather jacket riding up in back defeats the purpose of keeping the cold weather/wind or rain out..for me.
HD
I agree HD. The cut looks a bit strange. I don't think the super skinny model does the cut any favours at all. A bit more length, and some sleeve gussets would be great. Maybe add some decent hardware to it aswell. Having said that, I think a d pocket in natural cxl would be very tempting indeed, I also really like the brown aero j106. A great design, and I really pref brown jackets over black, even on the old fXD chewing up the miles.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
HD

There are a handful of guys here who share your pain HD. And painful it is.

HD, you might be in luck because I am almost certain that this particular model is 26 inches in length and I'd say that is actually fairly long for a MC jacket. Standard Schott Perfectos are all 25" in length and being exactly 6 feet tall, I never found 'em too short on a bike. Also, note that the guy modeling the jacket is wearing low waist jeans.

Indeed..most Schott MC jackets are around 25" or less. The model that I have and sometimes wear to ride (the Retro '30s..which is no longer made) is a little over 26" in length along with the same length in sleeves...which is unusual in the Schott lineup. I don't wear real 'low slung' jeans...but I do want a jacket that I can wear with normal jeans rather than needing to always find something riding high on my belly button just to assume that style. A true 26"or 26 1/2" accomplishes that....but,again,any riding up much above my belt in the back(when riding) sadly sours the deal for me. Seeing that in the Schott riding photo raises a red flag..to me...for that kinda $$. The hide and features is quite captivating but fit is 'everything' in the end for true lasting happiness.
HD

bretron

Call Me a Cab
This is one of my favorite patterns of all time... Thee classic mc d pocket. Too bad they blew it on the zippers, but maybe that's just the jacket snob in me

Eh, don't know how this beauty fits but I can't ride in a jacket with no action back...

bretron, what do you mean about the zippers? :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82