Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Dubow 27798 size 44

D

Deleted member 16736

Andrew, do you think this jacket was combination tanned? I'm wondering if A-2 jackets were combination tanned and that's why they proved to be so resilient. Real McCoy's makes a combo tanned A-2.

Fabio

New in Town
Good morning gentlemen
I've been following this forum for a long time but I am a member for a short time.
I find it full of competent people and passionate leather military jackets.
I would like to buy a leather jacket and A-2 Real McCoy's size 40 or 42
If any of you gentlemen had intended to sell jacket, send me a message to get in touch.
I am seriously very interested. immediate payment by paypal or bank transfer.
thank you very much.
Fabio

D

Deleted member 16736

Great find, Andrew. I like the color of the knits too. John's repro of that jacket uses a different knit color. I'm surprised because I had thought this contract only came in the dull purple knits. Your color goes well with the lighter russet shade of the jacket.

As an aside, I've started using Bick 4 Leather Conditioner and I recommend wholeheartedly. It cleans and conditions in one fell swoop without ever darkening the leather or feeling tacky afterwards. It's the best stuff I've ever used and restores old leather to like new in seconds.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This was a very large contract for Dubow. They used more than one type of hh. Most of the jackets I have seen were spray dyed. My one may have been an early one in the contract as it is made from veg tanned aniline dyed hh, finished with a top coat of sray dye, similar to the previous contract. The purple knits were by no means the only colour used for the contract as my jacket shows. Dubow used various shades of brown and even a berry shade as used by Aero. There are no absolutes when it comes to original A2 jackets!

This was a very large contract for Dubow. They used more than one type of hh. Most of the jackets I have seen were spray dyed. My one may have been an early one in the contract as it is made from veg tanned aniline dyed hh, finished with a top coat of sray dye, similar to the previous contract. The purple knits were by no means the only colour used for the contract as my jacket shows. Dubow used various shades of brown and even a berry shade as used by Aero. There are no absolutes when it comes to original A2 jackets!

SO, that being said Andrew...
What if one were to build a 1938 Aero in seal HH instead of russet? Blasphemy? Or would it just be best to go with an almost absolute and stick with what's known?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would personally only go for historical accuracy and it would have to be made from russet hh. You could have a 1938 Aero made by JC and get him to give it a depot seal spray job if you wish.

D

Deleted member 16736

Andrew, I just bought a one-off civilian bomber jacket with an veg-tanned Horween leather that is identical to yours except mine is 3.75 oz. It's uncanny. Now I'm psyched to see how mine will age!

I prefer the dull brown shade of your knits, though. Mine is more of a medium brown which matches the brown quilted lining. Down the road, I may change the knits and/or the lining. Definitely going to do the dull brown color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe