Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Camel Velour

5051914189_05660f6df0_b.jpg

5051899271_24ea95eeb8_z.jpg
5052037133_f173d9e907_z.jpg

5052702797_fb6dfe6bcb_b.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
Lando. You are truely the Optimo man! I had no idea you had such a fine selection. My hat is off to you! Thank you for sharing. So how does it feel when you wear an Optimo 1000? Do you get a special feeling or tingle? Absolutely beautiful. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some real beauties there, Lando. I'd like to see some profile shots of those Mitchums. That's likely to be my next Optimo crease choice.

And Robert, the colors you chose are fantastic. Very nice looking lid. I'll be interested in seeing and touching that velour finish.

We have talked about a fall weekend in Chicago which would of course include a visit to Optimo, but life sometimes has a way of getting in the way of our fun. We'll get there eventually.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
daizawaguy said:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

What model or spec is that? I guess it`s a non-standard (non-web) model, right? Splendid

Thanks to all for the kind remarks. It has no relationship to web shown models.
Its a 52 Block probably 5-1/2-5-5/8 high. Brim is currently 2-3/8" sides and 2-1/2" front and back(not my specific request) , I may reduce it to even. The brim flanging is a bit of a hybrid. Ribbon color trumped size(its 19 ligne). Ribbon style based on Italian and Austrian examples of early 30's.

DRB

One Too Many
RLK, the finish looks great. Smooth beaver. I also like the color combination of the felt and ribbon. My favorite part though is the color of the liner, very sophisticated and elegant. All in all, it comes together as One Very Beautiful Hat. That hat should last quite a few years.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Lando said:
I like to throw a few at you at once. Mainly because I forget to post lol.

5052111152_552128b0a7_b.jpg

Oxblood on Oxblood Mitchum, 2 1/2 Brim which is really my favorite brim width

Any chance of an outdoor shot of this one? Would love to see it in natural lighting...

DRB

One Too Many
Now that the new colors are available for the season I am hoping to see a lot more pictures here on this thread of new builds. I think you still have one coming RLK, I am definitely looking forward to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe