Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

Neil

A-List Customer
The fakes

Graham tells me the fakes are actually made of wool. And they are the Oxblood/Public Enemy hat.
Makes sense. That's the one everybody's drooling over.
I'm selling a Fed IV Deluxe to take the edge off the triple buy. Looks like somebody already grabbed it. I'll likely sell my Art Fawcett hat, too, at some point. Had it re-bashed, but it still doesn't work for me.
Optimos always do.

Neil

A-List Customer
Incidentally

I'd grab that light blue felt Optimo awfully fast if I didn't already have exactly the same hat. It's pristine, costs $550 new, and is going for a LOT less.

Neil said:
They now belong to me.
Actually, the grey one was mislabelled. It was a Gary White hat.
I bought it anyway, along with the brown and the green. Left the light blue, because I bought just that hat from Optimo last summer for full price (ouch).
I just called the store and asked what his Buy it Now was for the three I wanted.
In my experience, 7 5/8 hats don't come along too often, especially Optimos.
Most expecially at those prices.
Good snag Neil. I was watching the grey one & wondered what was up with the ending early.
Thought this may be my way of getting an Optimo but can't do that Lite Blue shade.
Congrats.

Neil

A-List Customer
Blue

Actually, it's bluish-grey, what Art Fawcett calls "blue smoke." It's a very flashy hat, very cool, in my view.
Which is why I shelled out full price for it in August.
I mean, what were the odds that the same hat, nearly new, in my size, in that precise color, would pop up on the Bay a month later?
You pays your money, you takes your chances.

n

Neil said:
Actually, it's bluish-grey, what Art Fawcett calls "blue smoke." It's a very flashy hat, very cool, in my view.
Which is why I shelled out full price for it in August.
I mean, what were the odds that the same hat, nearly new, in my size, in that precise color, would pop up on the Bay a month later?
You pays your money, you takes your chances.

n
My VS Wanderer is Blue Smoke whick a definitely more grey than Lite Blue to me. May have to relook at that remaining one in the 'Bay.

Neil

A-List Customer
The new colors

I see Graham has his new colors posted on his site.
Love this one. . . . .

anthracite.jpg
[/IMG]

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bruce wayne said:
001h.jpg

I pick this hat up today. The only difference is that my hat has a 2 3/4 inch underwelt. Three bodies of this color left & only for 7 3/8 & down.

Very nice! Mine will look much like yours except that mine will have a 9 ligne bound brim. My brim will be 2 3/8.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
New Optimo Navy Blue Telescope

4022348855_10f99b2269_b.jpg

4023106994_cc52f66ffd.jpg
4022349279_14a30712eb.jpg

4023107472_d14d5447d1_o.jpg
4022712418_fa42d78381.jpg

2-1/2" brim with stitched overwelt, Crown 4-1/8" at front center. 12 ligne band. Classic weight felt. Patterned on 1940-ish Telescope style similar(not intended as an exact copy)to Cary Grant in His Girl Friday. No pinch.

Neil

A-List Customer
Wow

No doubt about it, Graham makes the great product. My next one will be that Anthracite fedora, but the navy blue is pretty fabulous.
My family mocks me mercilessly for paying his prices, but what comes out of the box is unquestionably superior.

sproily

Practically Family
rlk said:
4022348855_10f99b2269_b.jpg

4023106994_cc52f66ffd.jpg
4022349279_14a30712eb.jpg

4023107472_d14d5447d1_o.jpg
4022712418_fa42d78381.jpg

2-1/2" brim with stitched overwelt, Crown 4-1/8" at front center. 12 ligne band. Classic weight felt. Patterned on 1940-ish Telescope style similar(not intended as an exact copy)to Cary Grant in His Girl Friday. No pinch.

WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks stunning on you! Fits astronomically well!

StylinLA

Familiar Face
New colors

The Thunder Gray and Anthracite two nice additions.

I was regretting buying another hat, but now I'm glad I got my Oxblood early.

My "connection" in Portugal calls Oxblood "Black Ruby." My guess is it was a limited run for Optimo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe