Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo south side mobsters

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You see in the pic of me how it goes with blues. I was wearing a blue shirt and navy blazer that day. You can't see in that pic, but my pants were khaki. I think the oxblood will look great with almost any color...blues, grays, blacks, khaki, brown and probably even green. I'll be sure and post pics when I have it in hand. ;)

Aerol

A-List Customer
St.Ignatz said:
Swell hat Bob. I was taken by the Neptune Blue and SeaFoam Green. Were the felt still in stock did you notice?
Tom D.

The best way to find out is to just give them a call. Once they're gone, they're gone.

BobC

St.Ignatz said:
Swell hat Bob. I was taken by the Neptune Blue and SeaFoam Green. Were the felt still in stock did you notice?
Tom D.

I don't know about the blue, but I did try on a seafoam green. I wasn't as taken by that color though.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Bob, did they say anything about the stock of oxblood? I just called this afternoon and was told they are getting really low on their stock and might sell out soon. They said they made a run last season and another this season but no more. If it is so popular why wouldn't they carry that color another season? Boy, I wish I could get one in that color . . . beautiful.

BobC

Jabos said:
Bob, did they say anything about the stock of oxblood? I just called this afternoon and was told they are getting really low on their stock and might sell out soon. They said they made a run last season and another this season but no more. If it is so popular why wouldn't they carry that color another season? Boy, I wish I could get one in that color . . . beautiful.

They didn't say anything at all about being low on oxblood, but they did say for a while that seemed to be all they were making. I'm surprised by that. I talked to Tiffany in July or August about a Dillinger hat, and she said they wouldn't be getting the oxblood in until Sept. I would have thought they would have anticipated the popularity of the Dillinger/Depp hat and ordered heavy.

High Pockets

Practically Family
BobC said:
They didn't say anything at all about being low on oxblood, but they did say for a while that seemed to be all they were making. I'm surprised by that. I talked to Tiffany in July or August about a Dillinger hat, and she said they wouldn't be getting the oxblood in until Sept. I would have thought they would have anticipated the popularity of the Dillinger/Depp hat and ordered heavy.

:) Hi Bob,....maybe they did order heavy,....we're not the only ones buying hats, did anyone say how many they made and sold?

Damn sure is a great color!

colps

One of the Regulars
When i bought mine the lady at the shop told me that mine was the 4th one she had sold and she could not keep them on the shelf.

BobC

High Pockets said:
:) Hi Bob,....maybe they did order heavy,....we're not the only ones buying hats, did anyone say how many they made and sold?

Damn sure is a great color!

Absolutely correct, HP. Maybe they did. They didn't say how many they had sold, just that for a while it seemed they were only making oxblood hats.

I tried on a brown hat with an orange ribbon there that was being made for a gentleman, I believe if my memory serves me, who had bought in the neighborhood of 50 hats from them.

High Pockets

Practically Family
BobC said:
I tried on a brown hat with an orange ribbon there that was being made for a gentleman, I believe if my memory serves me, who had bought in the neighborhood of 50 hats from them.

Brown hat with an orange ribbon huh?
I was wondering what the rich folks were wearing these days!

Jabos

A-List Customer
BobC said:
Absolutely correct, HP. Maybe they did. They didn't say how many they had sold, just that for a while it seemed they were only making oxblood hats.

50?!?! Gulp.:eek: :eek: :eek: And they say money doesn't buy you happiness-bah!!!

BobC

High Pockets said:
Brown hat with an orange ribbon huh?
I was wondering what the rich folks were wearing these days!

lol lol lol Not to mention well dressed and certainly well hatted. This one. Even the felt has an orangish hue.

IMG_1552.jpg

BobC

High Pockets said:
You know Bob,....I bet you've got a jacket and shirt that'd make that hat look great! I kinda like it,....nice fall colors.

I bet the gentleman who's buying it will have something to wear with it and look very nice in it.

High Pockets

Practically Family
Hell, if he can afford fifty Optimos,....he'll either have it or have it made!

Thanks for posting all the photos Bob,.....it's nice to see the where all my hats have been.
You probably didn't notice my little "Green Hornet" Portis or little black Borsalino stingy settin' on one of those shelves did you?

BobC

High Pockets said:
Hell, if he can afford fifty Optimos,....he'll either have it or have it made!

Thanks for posting all the photos Bob,.....it's nice to see the where all my hats have been.
You probably didn't notice my little "Green Hornet" Portis or little black Borsalino stingy settin' on one of those shelves did you?

Well, no I didn't. But there were so many hats there it was hard to take them all in.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
They said they made a run last season and another this season but no more. If it is so popular why wouldn't they carry that color another season? Boy, I wish I could get one in that color . . . beautiful.

It`s all about MARKETING! Even I am tempted to get a platinum now that I know the stocks are low...and a ox-blood, and.........oh no $$$$$$$......:eek:

Neil

A-List Customer
Resizing

I didn't know this, but I was about to buy an nice Optimo fedora from someone, and called Graham to ask about up-sizing it a quarter of an inch.
Sure, he said, but the crown has to come down, and maybe take on more taper at the same time.
I don't understand the physics involved in all this, but I thought you could just leave the crown in place and narrow the brim if necessary.
Nope. If you're downsizing, you have more leeway. But not the other way around.
Damn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe