Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions needed on an RMC J-24 fit

LEOSTARK

New in Town
Hi there,
Yours truly is about 5'8" 150lbs, 38' ish chest. I grabbed an older J-24 (BJ19003 I believe) in size 40. This is my first D-pocket jacket, and I bought it based on how much I loved the shinki horsehide on my J-100.

Is this how it is supposed to fit? The sleeves cover the first knuckle of my thumb when zipped and the shoulders I feel they could be more filled/curved.

Sugarcoating not needed. Please excuse the weird choice of venue and boots.
Thank you.
thumbnail_IMG_3282.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3277.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3278.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_3280.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yes, the shoulders look like they could be ever so slightly more filled in the area of the shoulder seam, but the overall fit looks very good. I'd say you're good to go. A size smaller might be too tight.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks like you sized right but the design isn't the most flattering on you (not your fault; the pattern is, as cbez put it, a bit tubey.) They significantly improved the pattern in the more recent iterations if you really want the RMC take on it, though the originals still fit better.

LEOSTARK

New in Town
Pattern looks a lil awk on you. Tubey around the midsection but big on the shoulders
Yeah, it is a little tight in the chest area but for some reason has 3/4 inch or so broader shoulder than is ideal for me. Usually, if a jacket is big or small, it is big or small all over. Must be the cut or my body shape. Thanks.

LEOSTARK

New in Town
It looks like you sized right but the design isn't the most flattering on you (not your fault; the pattern is, as cbez put it, a bit tubey.) They significantly improved the pattern in the more recent iterations if you really want the RMC take on it, though the originals still fit better.
Now I have to overcome my denial, delve into the intricacies of how the newer ones are better suited for my body shape, try to find away of selling this one to get a newer one in my size. Ay caramba! Good seeing you, man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun