Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh, the Stigma of an Astigmatism. . .

zaika

One Too Many
liz and ITG: thank you! in the photos they don't really look that extreme...so that's good. :D
Lady Day: you made me LOL with the my little pony comment about my hair. i would have never thought that. i just got it done for my birthday. ring in the big 3-0 with goofy hair. lol
shooshoobaby: wow, thanks for the tip! when i recuperate from the holidays, i'm going in there!
sweetfrancaise: aww! thank you! lol i think i will keep 'em. :p

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Those are lovely. I have been wearing vintage frames for years. I had a pair with rhinestones in the sides and I wore them dailey. I have a new pair with Mother Of Pearl that I have to put get perscription lenses for.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I went and had my grandmother's old cat eye frames filled with my prescription. I loved walking around with a part of her. Those are darling. I adore cat eyes.

zaika

One Too Many
wow you guys!!! thanks for the responses! immuna go get the lenses changed out next week!!
they're my grandmother's glasses...so it'll be really special to wear them. :)
i should add that i'm curious about those of you who noted that you do/did wear vintage glasses. maybe this thread could be renamed: show us your cateyes! lol
anyhoo...whee! i'm excited!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
mr3.jpg

I had at least 4 pair of perscription ones in my life but these were my favorites. They sadly are no more. I also have a pair of cateye sunglasses that have the former owner's name and the optometrist's shop engraved on them. I have worn them a few times but I really should make sure they are not perscription.

Kim_B

Practically Family
Here are mine...I love them, but they hurt my head after a while. I'm working on finding a pair that fit a little better...

2700_Sharp.jpg

$ally

One Too Many
These are my cat eyes (border line horn rim)
2050890610_61b503c560.jpg

They're bakelite.
628896853_e4e0293d2f.jpg

I also have a filigree pair, and some marshwoods, besides my daily pair of rhinestone. I can't afford to get the right lenses in all of them at once.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Those specs are great and, in my opinion, ideal for every day wear, since they're not too extreme and don't have too many inlaid and shiny bits. They look great!!

$ally

One Too Many
Kim_B said:
Here are mine...I love them, but they hurt my head after a while. I'm working on finding a pair that fit a little better.
I love those frames and I'm very jealous of your hair in that picture. I'd like a pair cateyes with a more oblong shape than mine. I wonder if I could get pres lenses in my cateye sunglasses?

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
I guess I'm the odd person out. I'm sorry, but I don't think the frames flatter your face, Zaika. They're a little too much like your face shape.

Kim B, I think your glasses really suit you. :) Too bad they don't fit well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe