Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Night Owls only

D

Deleted member 12480

its a stereotype. We british drink tea from royal albert china and eat scones and discuss the weather in a posh accent.

Feel glad it is warm. Went out on a *summers* evening in a long, heavy, tulle dress and coat and my teeth were chattering. Mind you its probably because i am 'underweight'... Or my mothers daughter. I am a sad night owl because guys and dolls cut out on me and a moth is disturbing my peace.

Derek WC

Banned
Ahh, that explains it.

I guess cold doesn't really bother me because of my heritige, and that I am pretty hefty.

deleteduser said:
I am a sad night owl because guys and dolls cut out on me and a moth is disturbing my peace.

What's that mean? lol

D

Deleted member 12480

i'm using the internet on my smartphone so all is dark apart from that and this damn moth (which has been in my room for three days now) landed very close to face on the wall, attracted by the light. Had to put a lamp on to distract it. I have developed an irrational fear of moths. They're is something just terrifying about those 'creatures of the night'...

Derek WC

Banned
lol In my grandma's house there are millions of food moths, the small ones, that are constantly flying around, I just got used to it, big ones are annoying though, can't just smack them between your hands.

D

Deleted member 12480

eurrgh don't think i could. Moths and daddy long-legs', i just stare in horror, i literally cannot bring myself to touch them. spiders have always traumatised me too, particularly when a huge one fell out of my hair.

Oh jeeze, i hope we haven't scared off the other night owls. Or at least that their silence isn't boredom-induced.

Its nice to have a forum with folks worldwide - means there is nearly always someone to talk to!

Derek WC

Banned
In the middle of the night here (I think your afternoon), there is about 3 people on for the most part.

When I was a lot younger, I used to be so afraid of any insect, especially spiders, that I would scream in terror like a girl, and run for mom to kill it. :eusa_doh:lol
I'm over that now thank goodness.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Harp said:
In a moment of temporary insanity I once registered for an 8.30am German lecture. :eek:

wow that's brutal. coffee needs to kick in before trying to process foreign languages

D

Deleted member 12480

can't remember the last time i met a six year old...! I'm scared to fall asleep so the moth can GET ME. And am now all itchy from talking about insects. Haha.

Derek WC

Banned
I understand your pain, my brother never has his window closed once during the summer, and all manner of bugs come in looking to feast upon me while I sleep. For me, if something bites me, I can't sleep because I itch like crazy. And I can't stand the vile blood sucking parasites known as Mosquitoes.

Yes, overcoats are the epitome of both style and function in one... except when they are not waterproof. :eusa_doh:

D

Deleted member 12480

it is a luxury to throw the windows open and freshen up the air in the house. Blow some of the dust and cobwebs outta this big old house. I love it though.

Derek WC

Banned
Lucky you, I've just got a tiny duplex apartment surrounded by terrible neighbors. Oh yes, and I have black mold in the bathroom, lovely stuff you know, ripe for falling through the rotted wood. lol

Chas

One Too Many
Working nites in a Psychiatric I.C.U. tonight; will be doing admissions 'til the wee hours, dead tired come 0730 and will have to do my radio show at 10 am.

No rest for the truly wicked.

D

Deleted member 12480

Derek WC said:
Lucky you, I've just got a tiny duplex apartment surrounded by terrible neighbors. Oh yes, and I have black mold in the bathroom, lovely stuff you know, ripe for falling through the rotted wood. lol

Ah no worries - our house is so old its foll of worrying cracks and probably costs a fortune to heat (no cavity insulation and one-pane orginial windows) we havw one room that is never warm and so is always full of blankets!

Derek WC

Banned
My my, I just noticed how much we've been talking on here.lol

On a side note, my house is always either too cold, or too hot.

P.S. I actually slept well last night, a first for me, at least during the summer

D

Deleted member 12480

Chas said:
Working nites in a Psychiatric I.C.U. tonight; will be doing admissions 'til the wee hours, dead tired come 0730 and will have to do my radio show at 10 am.

No rest for the truly wicked.

but in fairness - how cool is your radio show.

D

Deleted member 12480

Derek WC said:
My my, I just noticed how much we've been talking on here.lol

On a side note, my house is always either too cold, or too hot.

P.S. I actually slept well last night, a first for me, at least during the summer

paha mines generally just freezing. but then, so is the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe