Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new technology taken into the vintage years....

Miss Stella

One of the Regulars
(Please forgive me if this topic has already been discussed: Internet connection here is poor at best...)

If you could go back in time to your favorite vintage years and take ANY 21st century convience with you... which would you take? Cell phone? Computer? TCM Channel?specific brand if makeup? Hair dye?.....nothing?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Of course a cell phone or anything requiring an internet hook up, like GPS, would be useless. I guess any modern medical thing would be good to have.
NOw you got me goinmg. I'm gonna have to think about this some more.
I often fantasize about showing modern movies to people from the past. How would Winston Churchill or FDR react to seeing "Saving Private Ryan"? Or any of several dozen Sci Fi movies . . .

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
That would be absolutely fantastic. The bootleggers would always have to be one url ahead of the feds as site after site got shut down.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
The same as today only in the 1920s! :D :D so amazing!

6c9706274e70097cd8d105d89df8d5b3.jpg

Edward

Bartender
A lifetime supply of fluoxitine, without which I would not be here today, even the most basic twenty-first century GP.... too many things to count. I'd rather bring forward from that period what I'd like to have in the here and now.

From the days before dust-repellent paper, no less..... ha..... (Looking forward to reviewing that one in a couple of years.... that was set in 2015, wasn't it?).

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
My blood glucose monitor, insulin and pump, and all related supplies.

Oh yeah, and now that I've just had three stents put in my chest, all those new meds, too.

Without any of that stuff, nothing else matters.

Forget it, I'll just stay here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe