Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Optimo (back form self imposed banishment)

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
I was browsing everyones favorite auction site the other night and I came across this Optimo with a buy it now that could not be resisted. Turns it was being sold by CoW / FL's own Ken. Hes a great person to deal with and parted with this beautiful hat! My thanks an best wishes go out to Ken.

Now on to the goods.

optimo3se6.jpg
optimo2ce4.jpg

optimo1ze9.jpg

Thanks again Ken!

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
J.T.Marcus said:
What a beauty! What size is it? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It is a 7 1/2 (60) I'm learning that i have a bit of a big head (no pun intended though probably deserved) but hats in my size don't come up too often. The fact that it was an Optimo as lovely as this one. well. I'll find away to cover my spending tracks from my significant other. :eusa_doh:

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Mr. Lucky said:
Just so that I can dribble more tears in my iced latte, how much?

$275. Plus shipping. About $3 more then my last auction Optimo.

I'll attach some new pics of it. I sent it back to Optimo for a cleaning and reblocking. turned out really nice IMO

optimo1oj6.jpg
optimo2hx5.jpg

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Vermifuge said:
$275. Plus shipping. About $3 more then my last auction Optimo.

I'll attach some new pics of it. I sent it back to Optimo for a cleaning and reblocking. turned out really nice IMO

optimo1oj6.jpg
optimo2hx5.jpg
Well...bite my britches! Missed another one. Nice hat and congrats.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
deanglen said:
Sharp panama, Vermifuge! Panamas have such nice clean lines to them.

dean

forgive my ignorance, but i thought panama implied it was made of palm or some other plant material?

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vermifuge said:
forgive my ignorance, but i thought panama implied it was made of palm or some other plant material?

No..forgive MY ignorance, I didn't read the post carefully,:eusa_doh: I see that it's NOT a panama...but it does have nice clean lines and they blocked very nicely as usual. Now I'm going to go eat worms or something...

dean

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
I think he saw the light color and assumed it was straw, lol... and that is a very nice lid, though I'm confused as to how Ken ended up with a 7 1/2 fedora, seeing as how he has a rather small head... Unless you meant Ken of Camptown hats, who's head is most likely larger.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Kentucky Blues said:
I think he saw the light color and assumed it was straw, lol... and that is a very nice lid, though I'm confused as to how Ken ended up with a 7 1/2 fedora, seeing as how he has a rather small head... Unless you meant Ken of Camptown hats, who's head is most likely larger.

That's the one. according to the description...

"This hat came to me in a trade and as it is not my size, I am letting it go for a fraction of what it is worth if purchased new from Graham Thompson at Optimo Hats in Chicago"

Though given someone was willing to trade this hat for a Campttown i'm now getting the money together to get my own Camptown

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
deanglen said:
Then again, you are referring to two different hats? A black and a white one? Both look grand. I must be tired.

dean

i tend to ramble. Yeah they are both are Optimos. i had a thread on the off white one many months ago. I had the white one cleaned and blocked by Optimo. i hadn't showed off the results until now.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
RBH said:
Both hats are very nice...and in 7 1\2 no less...hmmmmm

i know how people feel about the site. It does have some great tools however. I have a saved search just for 7 1/2 optimos. Not to mention a few other brands. I get an email once a day about anything new that's listed....

It only took me about 30 sec to convince myself i needed the hat. it took another 5 to make sure I had enough in checking to cover the damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld