Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New jacket

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
. Always looked for one but I see now where they all are!!

I got a belly laugh out of that one!!! One of those in the picture I sold to a guy who contacted me when I bought it on ebay. I replaced it just recently with another!! It is a Steer and way too small for me, but it was just too cool. None had labels when I bough them, I put the HH label in one, really no doubt it is HH to me. There is one on ebay now. I have seen them in brown like yours. They don't come around often or I would know or own it! That particular jacket with the low buckle is the one. Yes, they are the fit I like. Are you reproducing those? You are using the shell guess it would be real do able. I've been theorizing on what company made these Sears jackets. I'm firm that Appalachian Leathers made some of the early 60s, Sears Oakbrook jackets. I have identical jackets with each label. I look at those low buckle and I think of them. I like your work, sounds like I'm not alone. You are doing what some of us dream of being able to do. Thanks.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Steve, somehow this thread slipped under my radar until just now and think it is fascinating what you are doing. You definitely have a gift! While growing up in E Tennesse, I owned an old Indian Arrow cycle when I was 14-15 years old and wish I still had it. Where in Tennessee do you reside?

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
. Always looked for one but I see now where they all are!!

I got a belly laugh out of that one!!! One of those in the picture I sold to a guy who contacted me when I bought it on ebay. I replaced it just recently with another!! It is a Steer and way too small for me, but it was just too cool. None had labels when I bough them, I put the HH label in one, really no doubt it is HH to me. There is one on ebay now. I have seen them in brown like yours. They don't come around often or I would know or own it! That particular jacket with the low buckle is the one. Yes, they are the fit I like. Are you reproducing those? You are using the shell guess it would be real do able. I've been theorizing on what company made these Sears jackets. I'm firm that Appalachian Leathers made some of the early 60s, Sears Oakbrook jackets. I have identical jackets with each label. I look at those low buckle and I think of them. I like your work, sounds like I'm not alone. You are doing what some of us dream of being able to do. Thanks.

Yes, seems that most I run across are the slightly longer half belt versions. vs this style. Wouldn't be an issue to do an exact reproduction on that, in fact, the jacket at the beginning of the thread started out that way with the only planned modification being a mouton collar. Got a little carried away with things before it was finished! o_O

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Steve, somehow this thread slipped under my radar until just now and think it is fascinating what you are doing. You definitely have a gift! While growing up in E Tennesse, I owned an old Indian Arrow cycle when I was 14-15 years old and wish I still had it. Where in Tennessee do you reside?

I'm on the east side of Nashville. Where in E. TN did you live? My mother's side of the family came from there & still have alot of family stomping around those parts!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I'm on the east side of Nashville. Where in E. TN did you live? My mother's side of the family came from there & still have alot of family stomping around those parts!

I grew up in Chattanooga on the side of Missionary Ridge. All of my mother's family were from Wilson County (Lebanon). My sister lives in Knoxville. I have lived in Texas virtually my entire adult life but still miss the mountains.

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Don't even mention Wilson County. Been fighting with the DA & Sheriff's Dept for 2 yrs trying to get my Dad's death investigated. His wife did him in after she had all his money/assets moved over into her name, but grew up with the DA, so he's covering for her & blocking everything. A real mess! I'm right on the Davidson/Wilson line.

Mom's family was about an hr north of Knox. Way up in the hills!

Used to go down to Marysville and stay with my cousins at the foot of the Smokey Mountains (what a view) during my high school years (60s). My tag along buddy and I slept in the smoke house. Everyone up at 5am for breakfast each morning. Enough good eats to feed the family twice and probably several more. Swam in the river swimming hole up in the mountains. Dove off the 20' railroad trussel. Them hillbillies know how to live, but they sure talk funny. ;)
HD

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Sadly, I think most of those days/times have gone... well, except for the talkin' funny!

Every trip I take up thru that area, I see more mini malls, Walmarts & Dollar General stores eating up the history.

Sockeye

One of the Regulars
hi,
i'm not very sure about the size, i think i have to go down to 40 and customized for a "short" sleeves and total length because it's a 42 lost worlds suburban horsehide i found on ebay and size US is very big. what you think please? sorry for my english
Laurent View attachment 38591
The shoulders look OK, sleeves are a little long but I like that as they don't ride up too high when riding or driving.
If you decide to try to sell it, PM me!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
hi,
i'm not very sure about the size, i think i have to go down to 40 and customized for a "short" sleeves and total length because it's a 42 lost worlds suburban horsehide i found on ebay and size US is very big. what you think please? sorry for my english
Laurent View attachment 38591

What is your height, weight and chest measurement? Looks like you need a 40 to me but fit is a personal preference.

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Well, It was 27 degrees here this evening & the Mrs. decided we needed to go to the grocery & pick up everything for Thanksgiving, so figured it would be a good time to try out the new jacket in the original post. It "performed" perfectly! The layer of polartec fleece between the hide & liner kept me perfectly warm while outside, but the jacket didn't get hot at all during the 1.5 hrs in the store. My original vintage jackets are one or the other. if you stay warm outside, you burn up indoors. Comfortable indoors, you freeze outside. I don't take well to cold weather, & wore my original AN-J-3 to dinner last night & was freezing outside in mid 40's weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe