Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bill Kelso model

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Did anyone happen to notice that BK's new jacket made in Victory hide is 1850 British Pounds (over $2,600 USD). Lol! Good luck with that BK.

Interesting that BK shows the jacket on its website in Victory HH, and quotes a price of 800 British Pounds, but the depicted jacket costs more than twice as much as the quoted price just below the photo.

Also interesting that, even though BK is located in Greece, which uses the Euro, BK quotes prices in British Pounds.

Exactly. In the realm of makers we speak of, BK is the HIGHEST price.

Not withstanding the fact that according to them, 8 out of 9 available leathers are currently out of stock.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Got to be fair to Greece, they are living in Mad Max times over there. No irony intended in this post.

I agree and I am sure that no foreign company is going to extend credit which means you need to have working capital in order to maintain stock levels.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Exactly. In the realm of makers we speak of, BK is the HIGHEST price.

Not withstanding the fact that according to them, 8 out of 9 available leathers are currently out of stock.
Actually, one of Himels jackets is still more, but the price is at least sort of justified with that one.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I briefly owned the BK Wingman in Liberty HH. I paid $400 (to BK), which is considerably less than the current $1,130 retail price. The Liberty HH was dreadful -- no better than vinyl. Thus, notwithstanding the substantial discount, I sent it back for a refund. In other words, it wasn't even worth $400 to me. Thereafter, I paid considerably more for a Good Wear Imperial. The Imperial's Shinki HH is exponentially superior to the substandard Liberty HH.

Que BK defensive Facebook post denigrating me yet again.

Thanks for outlining that, it's great to hear an opinion on it from someone who has handled various leathers from a range of makers.

[emoji106]

Superfluous

Actually, one of Himels jackets is still more, but the price is at least sort of justified with that one.

The only Himel priced higher is the Wolverine Grizzly, and that is do to the complexity of the design and manufacturing. The Grizzly takes much more time to produce as compared to other jackets.

pawineguy

One Too Many

The only Himel priced higher is the Wolverine Grizzly, and that is do to the complexity of the design and manufacturing. The Grizzly takes much more time to produce as compared to other jackets.

Are his quoted prices in Canadian or US? If they are Canadian than they are substantially less, if they are US, still lower than Victory.

pak

One of the Regulars
IMO, there sure is a lot of emotional energy invested in commenting about BK. Would it not be more productive to just ignore BK?

Superfluous

IMO, there sure is a lot of emotional energy invested in commenting about BK. Would it not be more productive to just ignore BK?

BK had the audacity to post photographs of me on its Facebook page, and to use my photographs to market BK's jackets. Thereafter, BK flatly refused my request to remove the photographs. Instead, BK attempted to blackmail me into making favorable public pronouncements about BK, and BK publicly disparaged me (e.g., "scum," "lowest form of life" and "abomination"). Thus, I think I have earned the right to be a tad critical of BK.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many

BK has made public pronouncements that they flatly contradict via email, threatened to sue members here, and have also attacked other manufacturers publicly with pretty strong claims. While the internet is a vast cesspool for this type of talk, we can either let it stand uncontested or attempt to correct the record. At least now when someone searches for information, they have both sides of the story and can make their own informed decision.

Superfluous

BK has made public pronouncements that they flatly contradict via email, threatened to sue members here, and have also attacked other manufacturers publicly with pretty strong claims. While the internet is a vast cesspool for this type of talk, we can either let it stand uncontested or attempt to correct the record. At least now when someone searches for information, they have both sides of the story and can make their own informed decision.

Amen brother.

Shinki, Liberty, Victory. The first set has the ELMC and a different GW Shinki. I took the second set quickly and have done no editing. On google photos you can zoom and get some nice comparisons.

Terry: Respectfully, photographs tell only a small part of the story. As you know all to well, one must personally handle a jacket made from a particular hide in order to genuinely understand the characteristics of the hide. Mall jackets look great in photos. I have owned, and handled, two different BK jackets made from Liberty HH. Thus, my comments regarding the substandard, vinyl like quality of the leather are not based on mere photographs, but rather, first hand experience with the hide. I wouldn't pay $400 for a jacket made from Liberty HH, and I returned both of my Liberty jackets to BK notwithstanding the minimal cost ($400 each). I have no personal experience with BK's outlandishly expensive, and never available, Victory hide.

BK had the audacity to post photographs of me on its Facebook page, and to use my photographs to market BK's jackets. Thereafter, BK flatly refused my request to remove the photographs. Instead, BK attempted to blackmail me into making favorable public pronouncements about BK, and publicly disparaged me (e.g., "scum," "lowest form of life" and "abomination"). Thus, I think I have earned the right to be a tad critical of BK.

What a rotten sack of **** those guys are! Your photos are still on their FB page. Can't you do anything about it? I wish they never sell another jacket and after this stunt, I honestly can't imagine ANYONE doing business with them ever again...

Worst part is that in the 'potatoe' photo, your jacket looks eleven times better than that shoulderless leather tube they call hourglass fit jacket.

pak

One of the Regulars
My last comment, as this is a bit of a hijack. Does correcting the wrong, without somehow penalizing BK, scratch the itch to even things? Aren't unprotected images posted on the 'net free game?

My last comment, as this is a bit of a hijack. Does correcting the wrong, without somehow penalizing BK, scratch the itch to even things? Aren't unprotected images posted on the 'net free game?
I think the issue is that BK and company used those images to disparage members here, not only SF but others as well. Simultaneously slandering other jacket makers and asserting their own superiority. While the images may well be free game, the way they are used speaks absolute volumes about this maker. It's a hideous, cowardly, unprovoked attack that's aimed at elevating the attacker. In short, a total dick move.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
To stay silent would be to do BK a favour - they want people to stop pointing out their egregious behaviour and high-handed attitude. By highlighting it here it means that the uninformed 'emptor' get the 'caveat' that they sorely need when they're dealing with BK. Not saying they don't turn out a nice jacket, but I think people need to be aware of the 'other stuff' that surrounds it.

Last edited:

pak

One of the Regulars
Again, my last comment. I do not disagree with any of the these comments, however has it not been the known MO of BK for quite sometime? I suppose there is merit in keeping new members appraised to the antics of BK. I was told long ago 'do not encourage the ba$tards'.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I'll add this, if members here had seen the fake Facebook "group" that he subsequently made private, where Andy posted photos taken from here, mocking members, mocking Aero, pretending like it was just a just a group of enthusiasts, I think some of his defenders would reconsider their position. It was brutal and beneath any manufacturer.

Last edited:
I think the issue is that BK and company used those images to disparage members here, not only SF but others as well. Simultaneously slandering other jacket makers and asserting their own superiority. While the images may well be free game, the way they are used speaks absolute volumes about this maker. It's a hideous, cowardly, unprovoked attack that's aimed at elevating the attacker. In short, a total dick move.

Signed!

What gives BK the right to make fun of Super - or anyone else - in such a way?? They've done this out of a mere pathetic malice, especially because it is clear that Super's jacket is a good fit. The internet is filled with photos of ill fitting jackets, they could've easily picked out any of these for their pointless comparison, but instead they made this post just to hurt the man! That's the only reason. I mean, seriously, who does that? What Ton said, it speaks volumes about these sad people. It's the kind of behavior you expect to see only from the lowest of the internet trolls, least of all on an official company facebook page.

And if I am encouraging the bastards, so be it, but I won't keep quiet about it just 'cause they're known to be vengeful pricks. Again, anyone and everyone should stop supporting these people and their product. This has nothing to do with their jackets or their stupid hide or whether they've had the rights to use Super's photos, or whatever, but simply with the fact that they're garbage and should be treated as such. Plain and simple. Not to mention that this was done to their own freaking customer, someone who had actually given them money, supported them, used their product and thus advertised it! It's just... Wow!

What PG said, more people hear about this, the better.

Oh, and another thing, BK - you do realize you didn't actually design anything, do you?? You do understand you are making freaking copies of jackets that have been existing for the better part of the century? You do see that you do NOT have a product of your own??? Get of your high horse with this who copied who bullsh*t! You're just a glorified counterfeit company that's no different than any of the Made in China Prada knock-offs? Enough already!

Superfluous

^
ohhellsyeah.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82