Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Ridley Cross zip by Thurston Bros.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Black FQHH, green OD stitching. Second picture from the back is unzipped. As always Carrie and Wade were wonderful. This is the pre-production model, and I think they really nailed it.

IMG_4034.JPG
IMG_4035.JPG
IMG_4037.jpg
IMG_4081.JPG
IMG_4090.JPG
IMG_4107.JPG
IMG_4113.JPG
IMG_4124.JPG

Could be, just that I was finding shoulder gussets a little restrictive for the type of motorcycle I ride so I'm always worried a bit when I see an MC jacket without action back.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Could be, just that I was finding shoulder gussets a little restrictive for the type of motorcycle I ride so I'm always worried a bit when I see an MC jacket without action back.

Yes, I believe it was to keep the profile slim. I have sat on my bike with the jacket on and I will be able to ride with it, my reach is not too bad and the sleeve length seems to work. It'll be a bit more comfortable once I break it in some.

I benefit greatly in having almost the same size upper body as Wade, so when I see something on him that I like, it seems to fit me exactly the same. (I'm a bit taller, but that seems to be mainly in my legs.)

trapp

Practically Family
Awesome fit and jacket. What a beauty!

You hit the jackpot in being the same size as Wade. Takes a lot of unknowns out buying - you can pick and choose with confidence. You must have to lock up your credit cards every time you visit the Thurston Bros. thread:)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's beautiful mate. You are building up a nice collection with the nice racer I saw of yours in another thread....great stuff. I will be interested to see them with a few miles on them.

pawineguy

One Too Many
That's beautiful mate. You are building up a nice collection with the nice racer I saw of yours in another thread....great stuff. I will be interested to see them with a few miles on them.

Thanks Bunyip, I'm working on that, it may see some time in the rain today to start the process.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Awesome fit and jacket. What a beauty!

You hit the jackpot in being the same size as Wade. Takes a lot of unknowns out buying - you can pick and choose with confidence. You must have to lock up your credit cards every time you visit the Thurston Bros. thread:)

It's definitely an issue!

IXL

One Too Many
That's a very good looking jacket. How does the lighter Z150 compare to Vanson's normal competition weight leather? I wouldn't mind shortening break-in time a bit.

pawineguy

One Too Many
That's a very good looking jacket. How does the lighter Z150 compare to Vanson's normal competition weight leather? I wouldn't mind shortening break-in time a bit.

This is Aero FQHH, which is easier to break in than the Vanson competition cow. No experience yet in the Z150, which I believe is what's used in the Vanson Daredevil.

IXL

One Too Many

I had the same concerns with the recent purchase of a Vanson/Insurrection PLU-3, especially since this is a more slim-fit jacket to begin with. Other than being stiff as all get out, it doesn't appear it will be a problem, though there is no room for layering under the jacket. Most of the motorcycles I ride are cruisers, dual sport and super-moto styles, so no stomach-on-the-tank sport bikes.

I'm starting to rethink my action-back-in-most-every-jacket philosophy. Boy howdy, do I look good in the PLU-3 :D: I think it would be the same with this new Ridley.

IXL

One Too Many
This is Aero FQHH, which is easier to break in than the Vanson competition cow. No experience yet in the Z150, which I believe is what's used in the Vanson Daredevil.

:eeek: Sorry about that, managed to get a little crossed-up, as I was just discussing the other offering. I confuse easily! It's what happens when trying to mulit-task. I are a morAn......

That AERO jacket, in NON-VANSON leather, still looks like a winner! What style of motorcycle(s)?

GregO

One of the Regulars
Very nice. Great fit. I think deleting the action back was a good move -- that jacket already has a lot going on, and simplifying it a bit looks like it really works. One downside - with the FQHH board racer I saw you got in another thread, you'll be breaking in horsehide for the next year or two! But that's not exactly a bad problem to have...

pawineguy

One Too Many
:eeek: Sorry about that, managed to get a little crossed-up, as I was just discussing the other offering. I confuse easily! It's what happens when trying to mulit-task. I are a morAn......

That AERO jacket, in NON-VANSON leather, still looks like a winner! What style of motorcycle(s)?

Standard / cruiser - no laying on tanks for me either... and there is no doubt that a Ridley may be in your future.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Very nice. Great fit. I think deleting the action back was a good move -- that jacket already has a lot going on, and simplifying it a bit looks like it really works. One downside - with the FQHH board racer I saw you got in another thread, you'll be breaking in horsehide for the next year or two! But that's not exactly a bad problem to have...

Thanks Greg. This was a design totally done by Thurston, and so all design decisions were there's... I wasn't really looking for a cross zip but really loved what they did with it. With no belt, no action back, etc... very clean and simple. (for the style)

And yes, I've got a couple of other horsehides on the way so I'm going to get quite a workout this Fall / Winter.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Wore it very comfortably on the bike with two shirts layered underneath. Very comfortable, felt like a (very strong) second skin. No comfort issues reaching for the bars. Just the right length so that it didn't push up into the neck area at all.

IMG_4130.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld