Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help finding a wedding reception location! Eek!

miss_kelly

New in Town
Hi All!
First time poster here, hello!!! I stumbled across this forum last week and was instantly HOOKED! What a perfect place for me!

I am in need of some help from any Los Angeles area residents. I was engaged 2 weeks ago (proposed to on the Queen Mary!), and we are searching for a location to hold our wedding and reception for September 2006. The place we were hoping to hold it- The Bob Hope Patriotic Hall- just phoned me this morning to say that they are closing their doors in June 2006 till 2010 (!) for retrofitting!!! What a bummer. So, not wanting to spend an arm and leg on this wedding, (so yes, the Queen Mary is definitley OUT!) but still wanting it be unique and perfectly 'us'- we are trying to find plan B. We live in Long Beach, and are open to travelling probably about 30-40 miles at most....aiming for a 1930s/40s feel...possibly an old banquet hall...outdoors or indoors...room for dancing and/or bands....just a real vintage, classy feel...dim lighting...wood floors...cozy and special! Oh yeah, and we don't want to pay over $2500 for the rental!

Any ideas?

Looking forward to posting and getting to know everyone!

Cheers! :cheers1:
Miss Kelly

I was wondering what the LA Palladium was like. It was originally a supper club with entertainment.

The Nixon Library has a replica of the White House room the WH does their banquets in, very stately and Timeless in a way. and you can rent it!

Never been to but in Pasadena there is a place called Frank & Deans that is supposed to replicate an ealier era.

In San Pedro there is a Liberty Ship they take out for cruises of the harbor, do not have any details but you could look it up.

I don't know if there is anything like it out here BUT: Back on Long Island there was a place called something like the 40th Aerodrome on the side of Republic Airport, it was like going to a WWII USO party according to the descriptions.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Hey! My wife and I got married and had our reception aboard the Queen Mary last may. Since you were proposed to there, why not have your reception there too?! It was a bit pricey, but it is certainly a memeroable venue. If you are planning a smaller wedding, you can go with Sir Winston's like we did. The best wedding reception meal you're ever likely to have.
PBG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld