Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naive

Razzman

One Too Many
Afternoon everyone,
I'm new here. I've been a member of the FL for about three weeks. This is my first post. Lots of very interesting and informative posts. Joined a couple of other forums, been doing lots of reading. The FL seems to have some very knowledgeble members as well as vendors.
I truly enjoy wearing a hat. Just recently started wearing the fedoras. I own several, nothing very special. An Adam, Pace Setter(grey), Three Stetsons, A Chatham (chocolate brown), A grey IJ Stetson, and a dark brown Stetson Gun Club with a wide brim. I have two Borsalinos, A vintage Borsalino (1950's) very light brownish/grey and a new one, chocolate in color. This one I received as a gift a few weeks ago. It's actually a tad too small. I hope it can be stretced a bit. Anyway I just thought I'd check in and introduce myself and provide some info about myself. :eek:

Magus

Practically Family
Hi ya RAZZ...well your collection is off to a WONDERFUL start. I wouldn't mind having a couple of those myself. Nice to have ya around.

M

Razzman said:
I own several, nothing very special. An Adam, Pace Setter(grey), Three Stetsons, A Chatham (chocolate brown), A grey IJ Stetson, and a dark brown Stetson Gun Club with a wide brim. I have two Borsalinos, A vintage Borsalino (1950's) very light brownish/grey and a new one, chocolate in color.

Yeah, nothing special there. Send them this way.

bk

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Welcome and I think your hat collection is great. This fellow sells a nice hat stretcher on Ebay. Going up one size should not be a problem.:)

We also have several honest hatters as members here that would help you...

dropinhatstretcherman Ebay seller.

silvershadow

New in Town
Newbie introduction

I thought it might be prudent to introduce myself too at this juncture. I'm from Sydney and generally to be seen wearing a brown, black or grey Homberg. I'm also nuts about ties from the 40s and 50s. The tie in my pic is from about 1955. The suit is one I designed (three piece, single front, point lapels, lapels on the waistcoat too. My tailor thinks I'm very old fashioned!)The Homberg was made for me by Akubra a number of years ago on special order. They now have Hombergs (in black and grey) in the catalogue which is pleasing. Just had a new brown one made on special order for me by them which arrived last week. Not too many hats in the collection, apart from the three Hombergs mentioned, also have a beautiful 1940s chocolate brown one (identical to the shape Tony Hancock wore on "Hancock's Half Hour") and a stunning bowler (Derby) that belonged to the famous Australian comedian, Sid Beck (he died in the 40s). I'll post some photos soon of some of the hats. Nice to meet you all. Regards, Glenn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally