Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Myths of the Golden Era -- Exploded!

Regarding the trash cans allusion (and illusion), I think you've been too influenced by the Acapulco Gold fumes coming out of your Bay Area hippie neighbors' homes. And Ringo was better than many others, including Mickey Dolenz...but then that latter comparison really isn't much of a contest.

No hippies around me. No Beatles hippies either.
Mickey has more all around talent in his little finger than Stinko had has in his whole body. :rofl:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Regarding the trash cans allusion (and illusion), I think you've been too influenced by the Acapulco Gold fumes coming out of your Bay Area hippie neighbors' homes. And Ringo was better than many others, including Mickey Dolenz...but then that latter comparison really isn't much of a contest.

Was Dolenz actually a drummer? I mean, before The Monkees were The Monkees? (No.) So no, it's not really a fair comparison. But then again, even putting Starr and Dolenz together for a comparison doesn't say much for Starr, does it?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And due to the talent and tenacity of many drummers mentioned here, as well as so many others, we have guys like Danny Carey who bear the torch for my generation. I couldn't find a fitting youtube video for him, or George Kolias...or Thomas Haake...

...but rest assured, they are all amazing, modern drummers very much inspired by the past.

Flicka

One Too Many
And due to the talent and tenacity of many drummers mentioned here, as well as so many others, we have guys like Danny Carey who bear the torch for my generation. I couldn't find a fitting youtube video for him, or George Kolias...or Thomas Haake...

...but rest assured, they are all amazing, modern drummers very much inspired by the past.

Danny Carey is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82