Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My son reporting from China

Story

I'll Lock Up
FL tie-in

Anyone read this book?

THOMAS, S. BERNARD: SEASON OF HIGH ADVENTURE. Edgar Snow in China.
Berkeley, Univ. of California Press, (1996). Cloth, fine in d/w, maps, illust., pp. xviii, 416. ISBN 0-520-20276-7. ¶ Snow spent thirteen years in China during the 1920s and 1930s and developed close friendships with China's emerging revolutionary leaders, and in later years attempted to build bridges between China and the USA during the Cold War.

Crane's

Familiar Face
Hen hao!

$ally, ni hao ma? Wo ye hen hao! That's Mandarin for "How are you" and "I'm doing very good".

Here's a tip for your son that will save him a bunch of money. Tell him to go to a bank ATM and use his card to get Chinese currency. It is the best conversion rate you will get. Now about that vintage part, how about some pictures of the Great Wall?

$ally

One Too Many
He has posted some pictures that would qualify, come to think of it. Just over a month to go until he comes back home.

Edward

Bartender
Fantastic country - I'm sure he's having a ball. Just back from a couple of weeks out there myself; I may have one or two pictures that the Lounge would enjoy.

What's he studying, language or another subject? China has many world class universities with a very high standard of graduate. Incredibly interesting place, and in the process of real change at present too.

$ally

One Too Many
Edward: He is staying at the dorms in Renmin University with lots of foreign students from all over the world. He went with 40 kids and instructors from his university here in Phoenix. He is getting college credit in language, and studying art history, culture, philosphy, and just experiencing life.

S

Samsa

Real Swell Gal said:
Why does everything have to be about vintage?
Isn't this an off topic forum?

There appears to be an as yet unpublished mathematical equation that the bartenders use to calculate which OB threads to shut down and which to keep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld