Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My bid to join the Open Road Guild

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I've recently acquired this Open Road, and after a week and a half in a garbage bag with some baking soda and a little steaming, here she is. Hemingway has postulated a date of 1963 from the markings in tha band that say "8/63FNKK $11.95" Sound reasonable?

First, the hat itself:

OpenRoad1.jpg

OpenRoad3.jpg

And one on my pumpkin:

OpenRoad4.jpg

And the inside labels.

Crown:
OpenRoadcrown.jpg

Kallison's in San Antonio:
KallisonsLogo.jpg

And the Royal Stetson stamp:
RoyalStetsonLogo.jpg

So what say you, gentlemen? May I consider myself a member of the exclusive Open Road Guild? That is, until I have Art reblock it into a Stratoliner?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My boy's all grown up. He has his first vintage hat. I'm so proud.

Hey, that hat looks great. I like the cattleman's bash and you can just tell everyone that you've graduated from The School of Mines. I don't think I would touch it. It looks good on you.

Of course, should you move back east, you may want to do a fedora bash. :)

Pilgrim

One Too Many
You are now an Open Road Guild Member in full standing, including the right to debate what bash you want to put in it. Just be aware that your decision may change weekly!

Initiation fee is to buy a round of cyber-beer (Duff's) for all members.:cheers1:

BTW - I like it - looks like a nice hat in good condition!

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lookin' good! I tend to wear mine with the front of the brim pulled down a little, rather than snapped down all the way.

That is, unless I'm driving toward the setting sun, then down the brim comes.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Sweet lookin' hat! Love the color, a little lighter than usual-or is it the lighting?
anyhows-the brim langorously dipping with the addition of the cattleman's bash
make for quite a swingin' combo! Congrats on da hat!

RBH

Bartender
Thanks for the round Jack...

Great looking O R. The next one [and trust me there will be a next one] you need to put the ol' fedora bash to it.
Wear it in good health my friend.
Just went back and saw this

"So what say you, gentlemen? May I consider myself a member of the exclusive Open Road Guild? That is, until I have Art reblock it into a Stratoliner?"

I plan on the same thing as I just sold my too big Stratoliner. I have had all 3 of my O R's reblocked and I plan on putting a Strat pin from ZemkeFan on one of them.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Thanks, gents! I like the snap brim, and am glad to see the brims worn that way, even with the cattleman's crease. The style fits in well in this area; as well as any fedora, anyway!

Barkeep, a virtual round! :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally