Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This is a great and rare ad. Members of Goodman's band in ADAM hats

BennyGoodmanadinAdamHats.jpg

Lawrence Ullman

New in Town
Yours truly, wearing my late 50s Open Road and pickin' my 1948 Epiphone B4 at the 2012 Goleta Old Time Fiddlers Contest and Festival.

2fd643c1bb56ffecf043d85429cc3391.jpg

Lawrence Ullman

New in Town
Very nice, Lawrence!

Would that be Goleta, California?

Yep, Goleta , CA, which is just north of Santa Barbara. It's a really nice annual old-time/bluegrass festival. This year, I played a set on the main stage with the Modal Tease Stringband and did a lot of jamming. Fun times!

howardeye

Practically Family
Sorry but I cannot wear a fedora when pickin and saw playing! Barmah's and Robo Caps for me. A stingy or Mr Freedom when I play the drums!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sweet, howardeye.

You know, one of my primary oboe teachers was also a crazy good saw player, and made a few recordings back in the... 80s, maybe? -- that can be an incredible and haunting instrument when played well. He had a custom bow made from a shortened bass bow, with a piano hammer at the tip (facing away from the horsehair), so that he could easily twist it and play "pizzicato." He also exclusively used a Stanley Handyman.

Nice hats too! ;)

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks for the great comment! That would be a bow of a great saw player! It would of been nice years ago to have the hammer on the bow so I did not have to lay the bow down to pick up the hammer. I have a Mussehl & Westphal professional saw made of English Steel. The company has been in business since 1921. I also play the clarinet and will be wearing a Spanish Beret when playing it!

Great pics everyone! Benny Goodman, The bass players, Tenor sax player, and the fiddle player. All great!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld