Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A name, please

dostacos said:
Mojave20Chris.jpg

where might a morbidly undertall person find a pair of pants like this?
Okeh, WHO is this a picture of? I've seen this handsome gentleman's picture in the Lounge before and it's not dostacos, this is extremely confusing, so who is it? Then Lee will also have the name of the person he met at the Ticket to the Twenties. The name is on the tip of my tongue, but argggh!

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
MrNewportCustom said:
I agree! This is a great shot, Kevin! Very nice, indeed. And where do you get all your great suits? :)

Thanks!

This one's a My Custom Tailor number, inspired by Hemingway Jones's orders from them. I customized it with, in my mind, a more vintagey 5 1/2 inch lapel measurement.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
cgab1 said:
Nice suit, Atomic Glee. Are those vintage shoes as well? What kind are they?

Chuck

Thanks! The shoes aren't vintage - they aren't even particularly nice shoes, in fact. They're just simple cordovan Dockers, one of the few cheap off-the-rack non-black shoes I could find that didn't have massive, chunky soles. They're alright, but I'm planning to get something better eventually.

In fact, the only thing vintage in the whole thing is the tie. The suit, the shirt, and the shoes are all modern, and the hat is a modern Akubra Campdraft (though of course the suit is meant to look vintagey).

fishmeok

Vendor
I was trying to figure out my digital camera and came up with this- the pants are vintage WW2 officers' "pinks", the jacket an Aero A-2.
DSCN1548-1.jpg
DSCN1548.jpg

Note the bored border collie on the floor...
Cheers
Mark

dostacos

Practically Family
BegintheBeguine said:
Okeh, WHO is this a picture of? I've seen this handsome gentleman's picture in the Lounge before and it's not dostacos, this is extremely confusing, so who is it? Then Lee will also have the name of the person he met at the Ticket to the Twenties. The name is on the tip of my tongue, but argggh!
that is so true:( I probably am close in age BUT I have him beat in GRAY hair/beard and, ah... VOLUME

He looks like it fell out of a movie doesn't he. I hope he shows to the next QM maybe then I can find out who made his pants

Edward

Bartender
Metro PD - what breed/model is that hat? Looks really sharp. I love the combination of that really sharp pinch and the snapped-down brim.

metropd

One Too Many
Its a 1930's borsalino I just got out of storage. The specs are

Crown 4 inches
band 2 inches
brim 2 9/16 inches in between 2 1/2 and 2 5/8

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Finally, I have a recent, decent photo of me to add to this thread... Stinks not being able to go to the Queen Mary or any other Meetings of Loungers, where my picture could be unknowingly taken by some guy with a camera while I'm looking somewhere else..... Anywho...
tweedjacket2boo5.jpg

nothing vintage, and I don't have a good tie for it, but I like it

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You gents really know how to cut a dash!

Gents, you're so sharp you could cut yourselves!!

I'm getting ideas all the time to try out, when I see photos like these!:eusa_clap

Thankyou for your efforts in posting the photos. It's becoming a great resource reference for the rest of us here!!;)

Edward

Bartender
metropd said:
Its a 1930's borsalino I just got out of storage. The specs are

Crown 4 inches
band 2 inches
brim 2 9/16 inches in between 2 1/2 and 2 5/8

Looks great. Puts me in mind of the Akubra Federation, similar style. I really like the 3x2 DB suit. I've only ever worn cb, i did used to have a 3x1 db blazer which I just never cared for on me, but i think that extra fastening button would make all the difference. It's a really sharp look. :)

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
A couple of me. My mother swears that the one with the suspenders and newsboy cap is the spitting image of her father. Makes sense ... it was his cap 60+ years ago.

me11.jpg

me12.jpg

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe