Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Lucky Strike said:
Pic from late October, last year:

DSC00642.jpg

Sorry. I'm old so I tend to drool. Very nice. :)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
katiemakeup said:
Marc, your hat is ahhhmazing!

Thanks! It's a very light cream Borsalino Alessandria from 1978. Even so, the hat and its sweatband & lining look virtually identical to those of '30s-'40s Borsalinos. I replaced the white thin ribbon with a wider grey one. For some reason, the creamy white body/grey ribbon combo works well.

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Well, that's me in my avatar...;)

Seriously, I'll try to dig up a suitably semi-vintage-looking photo of myself - that would be on my computer at work, so later.

And thanks, all, for the compliments. A very warm welcome!

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
thunderw21 said:

Lookin' super-smooth amigo. Look at that tie and hat - :arated: !

Great squirrel pics Dom. Have you ever been tempted to say, "Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"?

No? Oh well, must just be me then . . . lol

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
sweetfrancaise said:
And Lucky Strike, you're a lovely chap--I want to see a closer photo now!

Well, flattery will get you anywhere - found some:

DSC00639.jpg
DSC007997.jpg

Both from the same day last year - I'm on my couch with a bad back, so worked from home today, and didn't get to the computer at work. The right one is from the village pub, after dinner (this was a hunt of sorts, in Poland).

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Lucky Strike said:

DSC00639.jpg
DSC007997.jpg

Both from the same day last year - I'm on my couch with a bad back, so worked from home today, and didn't get to the computer at work. The right one is from the village pub, after dinner (this was a hunt of sorts, in Poland).

Your pictures don't disappoint. :)

:eek:fftopic: Regarding "flattery will get you anywhere," I just returned from a preview at an auction house and one of the items is a framed piece of Victorian paper with beautiful handwriting with flourishes. The top reads "Advice" and what follows is something about the evils of flattery. I couldn't make out the last two sentences which I think hold the key to something life changing. I shall endeavor to win it!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Recent Jones Pic

In Times Square, NYC over the weekend.

BTW, this is the best blazer I own. It is three button with relatively high armholes, tailored fit, and a good heft to the lapels. I bought it at close out at J Crew for $90.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Lucky Strike said:

DSC00639.jpg
DSC007997.jpg

You certainly don't dissappoint--I'm very glad I asked! :eusa_clap

..and I hope your back feels better soon.

zaika

One Too Many
lucky strike - i'm in agreement with sweetfrancaise as you are very handsome! lol

hemingway jones and carebear- gosh you fellas are dashing!!

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
Okay let's see if I can do this... Two apologies up front though! The first being that these aren't vintage. Unfortunately being a photographer I tend to spend most of my time behind the camera and not in front of the lens. These just happen to be about the only recent pix of me. Secondly I tried to use the image upload feature but it wouldn't let me use pix from pbucket. SO I'm going to give this a try.... Note the many stages of facial hair!

This is me at work...
Studio.jpg

Me with Davie Bones. (Had to give her a pirate name because of the spot over her eye!)
DavieBones.jpg

Me sportin' the beginnings of a nice 'stache!
Stache.jpg

And finally... showing off my new ink. My girlfriend wanted me sportin' the biker look. Unfortunately the bike is parked outside the studio. Would have much rather taken pix of that! lol :D
MenTat.jpg

And it appears that cut and pasting the links worked! YEAH!!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe