Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys...

Will let you know more when it arrives... I'm not bragging here (well not MUCH anyway), but the price including shipping from Switzerland was just $117. If this turns out to be as good as I think it is, I'm going to just wear it on special occasions.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Let's See Your Watches!

Thought it would be fun to know, what kind of watch(es) you people have.
(If this subject has allready been explored, I excuse myself being the new boy in town)
I, myself, first had a steel Rolex Oyster Datejust. I bought it as a present for myself when I turned 40. Before that time I wore everything from schollboyswatches to oemga and different "look-a-likes".
But I have always wanted a IWC. And this summer I finally got my IWC Flieger Chronometer Spitfire (offcourse!). Whit the black dial from the first edition!!!!
Besides that I also have a BIG Larco "Luftwaffe" watch.
What's on your wrist, thees days?

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
At the moment it's

a 1930s Hamilton.
hamiltonoa9.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
Waltham A-11. Plain Army-job with a red secondhand. Not sure why it has that, but the place I got it at only had 2 examples.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I use an inexpensive black face watch as needed. I need a band springy post for a 40 era recrangular Bulova I have. Ancient pocket Elgin no worky.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
What's on your wrist

Truefit & Hill's Spanish Leather.

If I wouldn't carry a mobile all the time, I'd wear this one as before, or a similar one, maybe smaller and maybe vintage.

watch.jpg

Cheapo Davis watch from the nineties, discontinued since.

IIRC, the reason I didn't wear it anymore wasn't the mobile 'phone originally, but that the crown hurt me. (We're wearing watches on the inner side of the wrist in my family.)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I found these at a local pawn shop several years ago, but I haven't done much research about their age. On the left is a Wittnauer and on the right is a Bulova. I've beaten them up pretty good, but they keep perfect time.

Wittnauer.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe