Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Buttons

Highlander

A-List Customer
Does anyone know where to get the leather (woven looking) buttons for a tweed jacket? I have lost a few on my old Crickateer tweed jacket.

Steve

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
AlanC has recommended perusing local thrift stores to harvest quality buttons from damaged jackets. I've never done it but it sounds like a good idea.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Tomasso said:
Pedant...

No foolin' ... I've been seeing more and more thrift store suit jackets and sportcoats --and not necessarily ones in bad condition-- with their buttons mysteriously missing. These are the same clothes which had their buttons intact when I saw them at the store on previous visits.

:( :( :rage:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
OK, please BUY the raggedy $5 jacket in order to reap the $40 worth of horn buttons. Happy now?

Highlander

A-List Customer
Ha, cute posts. You know, I have been to almost every fine fabric store in St. Louis, and have surfed the net. These buttons are tough.

Should I find a nice jacket at the fabric store, I will purchase prior to harvest :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld