Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LADIES of the LOUNGE

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh no, never meant it that way!!!!!

dahliaoleander said:
At first I wasnt't sure. I thought it was kinda mean. (Not really.) But I sorta like it. (Perish the thought of a Gibson girl make over.)

It does make me look sorta matronly, (Not exactly a bad thing but at 17 I don't think a girl likes to be seen that way.)

I do like it though. I sorta can see myself in those Andy Hardy movies years later with this. lol

:D

I am so glad you thought about it, as that was really not my intention! Que horror!

I was just looking at the Griffith Park picture, and trying to figure out what I would do with your hair if I could (you have GORGEOUS hair), and then got this bee in my bonnet and next thing you know...Photoshop.

I agree, it makes you look older. Part of it is the formality of the hair and clothes, and part of it the dark lipstick! But hey, it was an experiment. And you certainly don't have to go for this look - you have plenty of time to look older when you're older, after all!

You do kind of look a lot like Mildred Bailey in the pic though, and she is one of my favorite singers...

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1940's said:
l_c1649cbe2e673f38d7888359ec8bca2c.jpg

This could be my favorite photo of all time! What a wonderful shot. :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
Dare I ask why?! Can't say I'm really a fan, but I was kind of brought up on Gillbert & Sullivan. My Mother used to play their tunes a lot on the piano, and I did a lot of drama for quite some time, so my Mother often took us to see their operas, esp. as some family friends were quite passionate actors and often appeared in them.

'tis a combination of look and location. I did a bit of Gilbert & Sullivan in college and am trying to assemble a collection of the Gilbert & Sullivan Operettas by the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company under the direction of Bridgette D'Oyly Carte. I suppose there was a happy meeting of the two when I posted my note.

carter

I'll Lock Up
l_c1649cbe2e673f38d7888359ec8bca2c.jpg

This is reminiscent of a femme fatale from the Film Noir period. Is this dame an angel or is she poison? Let's ask Nick Danger!

l_c10b2702de051c5946be8bb5b1d87749.jpg

Is this the intrepid gal pal, the winsome heroine, or the sultry villainess? We'll have to tune in next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld