Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnny's fedora in Newsweek

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Johnny's Fedora In Pirates

Between scenes.

depp.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
I do not think it is a Borsolino. There appears to be dark, widely spaced stitching showing under the ribbon. It looks more like staples than stitching!

But how about that tie!

Mike H

New in Town
Thanks guys. That is my current favorite hat, a vintage Stratoliner. I'm not informed enough to know the approximate year, but my best guess is late 40's to 50's. It was open crowned, and in unworn condition when I received it.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Welcome, Mike H. You'll fit right in.

Depp-as-hat-collector: I think we'd all be surprised to know the real identity of some of our members or lurkers.

ideaguy

One Too Many
One thing stands out for me- a longer-haired person can wear a Fedora and look
good in it. My greying noggin wants to keep longish hair, but vanity precludes
either long hair/no hat-short hair/hats galore. And the fit problem, and hat hair.
Sounds all too vain-sorry-but we've had numerous threads about hair/hats, just refreshing to see someone pull it off with apparent ease.
Now if G. Clooney starts wearing Fedoras, we're all sunk. Except for Art.
my 2 cents.
Don't drink & drive- Please.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Now it's serious

Last night I attended an art show - sculpture, mixed media painting, ceramic, with a wine and jazz background. Even some poetry readings. All held in a remarkably fashionable hair salon.

Big stuff in my neighborhood.

Lots of wonderful arty folk - in hats. I was one of several men in a beret. There were a couple of Aussie-style outback hats, and a stingy fedora or two. Before I left home I thought it would be perfect to have one of Depp's whippets to wear side-snapped. But thought "Na. Too much." But once I got there - YES, it would have been PERFECT!

So now -

Must.
Find.
Whippet.

potc2598.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
Last night I attended an art show - sculpture, mixed media painting, ceramic, with a wine and jazz background. Even some poetry readings. All held in a remarkably fashionable hair salon.

Big stuff in my neighborhood.

Lots of wonderful arty folk - in hats. I was one of several men in a beret. There were a couple of Aussie-style outback hats, and a stingy fedora or two. Before I left home I thought it would be perfect to have one of Depp's whippets to wear side-snapped. But thought "Na. Too much." But once I got there - YES, it would have been PERFECT!

So now -

Must.
Find.
Whippet.

potc2598.jpg

I.
Have.
Whippet.;)
IG035.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Earp

One of the Regulars
Go Mr. Depp, Go!! I hope he does for hat wearing what the Indy movies did and gives things one more little nudge. I for one would like to see hat wearing come back enough to where average folks would be more used to the sight of it again. I do seem to see more fedoras when I'm out and about these days than I have in years past.

Earp

One of the Regulars
DanielJones said:
"Wyatt, I am rolling."

Excellent Dan! A quote from the best movie ever made about my namesake and from the actor who was the greatest Doc Holliday ever. And here I thought the Doc Holliday from here at the Lounge would be the first to engage me in "Tombstone" banter. Thanks for the grin. You, sir, are a pip!
--Wyatt--

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe