Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnnyphi Hat Club

duggap

Banned
Douglas that hat looks great. Glad to see you score a couple of those hats. I have been watching the auction and saw where you lost out a couple of times right there at the last. I figured your turn would come.:)

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Douglas, the hat is outstanding, but I have to add that the tweed coat compliments it very well. Is it a Harris?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you gentlemen. The hat fits better than it looks.
Duggap,unfortunately this is my only one. I was not around or was unable to get to a computer quick enough to win more. I am not lacking for hats however so I am not at a total loss.
1911 man, it is a Burberry with Harris Tweed.
These hats have a way of making anyone with a mug like mine look half desent.

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Agreed...

Mr. Corvelli and I have done business, and I have mentioned him on the Lounge, before. He's a Great American, and I would recommend him to any Lounger who is looking for a hatter in the DC area.

m987a said:
To johnnyphil: you may want to see Vince Corvelli as he is the only hatter in the D.C. area that I know of (third generation). He has done a couple dozen hats for me, eveything from stingy brims and cowboy hats to toppers and, of course, fedoras. m987a

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
Johnnyphi Needs a Break (This is no vacation.)

Friends,

As you probably know, I live in the DC. Without going into the details of my personal situation, it's fair to say that we are undergoing a bit of a "transition" in this area, and that effort is going to require my full attention.

While I love reading the discussions among current members of the "Johnnyphi Hat Club" and I always look to expand club membership... I just don't think I can post any new auctions for the next couple of weeks.

Please rest assured that I will participate in the discussion whenever possible, and I will resume the auctions as soon as I can.

In the meantime, wish me luck!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
johnnyphi said:
Friends,

As you probably know, I live in the DC. Without going into the details of my personal situation, it's fair to say that we are undergoing a bit of a "transition" in this area, and that effort is going to require my full attention.

While I love reading the discussions among current members of the "Johnnyphi Hat Club" and I always look to expand club membership... I just don't think I can post any new auctions for the next couple of weeks.

Please rest assured that I will participate in the discussion whenever possible, and I will resume the auctions as soon as I can.

In the meantime, wish me luck!

I wish you luck, Johnny! Take all the time that you need and get through that which currently requires your attention. Us Loungers will still be here when your time is more free.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Take a break Johnny, you deserve it. We will still be here when you get back.

Good luck during the next few weeks! Let's all hope that the craziness in D.C. is kept to a minimum!

portolan

A-List Customer
Funny Thing Happened While I was in San Diego

A box arrived at the house with a JohnnyPhi hat in it for my wife. It was unbashed. I could tell by her voice when she opened it that she wasn't thrilled. Once I explained to her that it wasn't bashed yet, that the crown needed shaped, she relaxed. "How do I do that?" she asked. "I have no idea," I replied.

The next morning she told me that after we hung up she had a glass of wine and worked on it for thirty minutes, not having a clue what she was doing.....

Here I am, having read posts and seen pics here for months and I am scared to death to try and bash a crown. She has no idea what it is supposed to look like and just dives right in!

I got home, she showed me her handiwork and I was real proud of her! She most certainly did better than I would have done! So, here are some pics of my lovely wife in her new JohnnyPhi Schoble Supreme! I think she looks pretty supreme and that she did an awesome job for her first bash! Great look....

Jeanneint1.jpg

Jeanneint8.jpg

Jeanne9.jpg

Jeanneint7.jpg

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
My new Johnnyphi Stetson

I got my Johnnyphi Stetson yesterday and HOOOBOOOYYYEEE it is a HAT! Now I know why Stagger Lee shot Billy. The hat needs a bit of TLC, but it is great overall condition, just as promised. I threw a quick 'diamond" shaped dry bash into the crown and I think it looks good enough to wear as is:
Stetson-1.20090117.jpg

And here I am wearing it, doing my best 'DOUGLAS" ;)
Stetson-3.20090117.jpg

Frykitty

Familiar Face
I absolutely love this thread, but it almost hurts to see these amazing hats.
One after another beautiful lids. The prices are outta my league , but a guy can dream right?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm back!

OK... Now that the pesky transition is over, I can get back to selling hats. Kidding. It has been a wild few weeks, but I think I'm ready to get back to selling hats. I plan to post more on Sunday.

Are y'all ready?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld